(mt) Media Temple,Inc., a global provider of web hosting and cloud services with its headquarters in Los Angeles, has upgraded its shared web hosting platform, the GRID, to provide its customers with an up to 6x faster hosting environment. To achieve page load speed, PHP FastCGI and Apache module mod_pagespeed have been deployed, enabling websites to load faster.
The GRID was originally launched in 2006 to handle both expected and unexpected spikes in traffic with no service interruptions or degradation from noisy neighbors. Since then, the shared web hosting platform of (mt) Media Temple has offered automatic and flexible scaling for its customers and their applications.
In an ongoing effort to increase value, Media Temple has unveiled deployment of PHP FastCGI and “mod_pagespeed”, the latter being an Apache module that fixes inefficiencies in website code on the fly. With this technology, code is optimized to improve website speed based on best practices in web development. Especially, FastCGI would make a difference in page load times, according to Media Temple.
Other new features of the upgraded GRID shared web hosting platform include:
- The implementation of PageSpeed, one of the latest innovations from Google boosting page load speed.
- Upgrading PHP to version 5.5.
- Availability of managed backup and restoration via CloudTech.
- Full integration with CloudFare – including their latest product, RailGun, making it easy for clients to manage their website’s security settings.
- Increased capacity and speed of the company’s shared database server, SmartPool, with Solid State Drives (SSDs) maintaining performance regardless of the resources used by other customers.
Media Temple was founded in 1998, with over 125,000 customers in 100 countries now relying on Media Temple’s solutions for domain registration, shared web hosting, one-click WordPress installations, business applications, virtual servers, and other cloud services to power more than 1.5 million websites. The hosting provider has 220 dedicated, U.S.-based employees serving clients from small businesses to large enterprises like Starbucks, Adidas, Samsung, and Toyota.