NAKIVO has released version 7.5 of its Backup & Replication solution for cloud environments. The latest NAKIVO product version supports vSphere 6.7 and adds integration with major storage vendors such as DELL EMC Data Domain and NETGEAR ReadyNAS.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.5 introduces several new features, including Cross-Platform Recovery, Advanced Bandwidth Throttling, support for the latest version of VMware vSphere, and more.
- VMware vSphere 6.7 Support – NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.5 is officially compatible with the latest version of vSphere, allowing users to “seamlessly” use NAKIVO Backup & Replication for protection of upgraded VMware cloud environments and “benefit” from new features that would improve backup performance.
- Advanced Bandwidth Throttling – The new advanced feature allows speed limits to be set for data protection processes to avoid network overload during business hours or chosen periods of time. The process would be easily customizable to meet various needs, and can be automated with global rules that restrict bandwidth consumption when needed the most.
- Cross-Platform Recovery – NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.5 offers new functionality for VM data recovery across platforms. With the Cross-Platform Recovery feature, users can export VM data from VMware and Hyper-V backups into VMDK, VHD, or VHDX format. The exported data files can then be used for recovery across different hypervisors, cross-platform VM data migration, long-term archival, or sandbox testing.
- Support for EMC Data Domain Boost – The new version of NAKIVO Backup & Replication officially integrates with the BoostFS plugin, combining benefits of the VM backup software with the source-side deduplication offered by Dell EMC Data Domain Boost. As a result of this integration, VM backup size and VM backup speed can be reduced significantly.
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS-Based VM Backup Appliance – NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.5 can be installed directly on NETGEAR ReadyNAS devices for the creation of a VM backup appliance. The ReadyNAS-based appliance is a 5-in-1 solution featuring backup hardware, software, storage, built-in global data deduplication, and backup-to-cloud functionality.
A fully-functional free trial of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.5 can be downloaded at their website: www.nakivo.com.
NAKIVO’s customers include well-known brands such as Honda, Coca-Cola, China Airlines, Microsemi, and many others. NAKIVO has a global presence, with over 3,000 channel partners in 137 countries.