NetApp has recently announced the development of FlexPod by introducing FlexPod XCS, offering one automated platform for modern applications, data, as well as hybrid cloud services. Talking about FlexPod, it consists of pre-validated storage, server technologies, and network from NetApp and Cisco.
The brand new FlexPod XCS platform is created to boost the delivery of modern applications along with data in a hybrid cloud environment. FlexPod XCS can be dubbed as the only cloud hybrid solution available over all three major public cloud providers. In addition to that, organizations can alternatively also use FlexPod-as-a-Service, a pay-as-you-grow pricing structure for operational and financial leverage.
In simple terms, we can say that FlexPod removes the complicacy related to hybrid cloud operations by increasing the scalability and accessibility along with extending the infrastructure from an on-premises and edge standard to the hybrid cloud.
The latest solution can be said to be the base of the groundwork for continued joint innovation that will provide new solutions to the market for the hybrid cloud, modern workloads, and containers.
FlexPod XCS offers a new collection of capabilities to the FlexPod platform. Here we have mentioned all the capabilities below along with what they do:
- Automation – Comprehensive infrastructure automation over all lifecycle phases with the use of Cisco Intersight Cloud Orchestrator and NetApp automated scripts along with workflows for the simplifications day-to-day IT operations comprising configuration, expansion, infrastructure consumption, optimization, and deployment
- FlexPod-as-a-Service – Decreasing the initial costs for the flexibility and tailoring purchasing options based on the budgets and usage
- Hybrid Cloud Connectivity – By extending organizations’ data fabric, customers could gain the operational certainty of putting the apt applications and data in the right place at the right time
- Visibility – Offering an advanced and unified view of all FlexPod components through Cisco Intersight, allowing organizations to fulfil their business requirements at a fast pace with highly intelligent resource decisions
- New Reference Architecture with NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP Instances in AWS – ONTAP and FlexPod XCS integration along with automation via Cisco Intersight
FlexPod XCS would enable the IT departments to get new insights with full-stack visibility and customized automation capabilities that boost operational productivity. The brand new FlexPod-as-a-Service consumption model would enable customers to have high financial and operational flexibility by aligning costs based on utilization.
Vice President, Cloud and Compute Product Management at Cisco, Siva Sivakumar said that the strategic relationship along with NetApp continues to create value for businesses via deep technology integration focused on providing solutions to the customers’ biggest challenges.
He further said that FlexPod XCS backed up by Cisco Intersight offers key new capabilities for all the customers like automation, hybrid cloud operations, visibility into a single unified platform for modern applications, hybrid cloud services, and data.
On the other hand, Vice President, Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure and OEM Solutions at NetApp, Mike Artrbury, said that they are proud of the continued innovation with Cisco as NetApp is also expanding FlexPod’s capabilities to solve the unique challenges faced by the organizations.