NetApp has released new Data Fabric solutions and services delivering data management capabilities to accelerate “success” in the hybrid cloud era. The new offerings would enable customers to seamlessly manage data across whatever IT resource they choose, speeding innovation and enabling better business decisions.
Data Fabric, NetApp’s vision for the future of data management, was unveiled a year ago at NetApp Insight, the company’s annual technical conference. Since then, the company has teamed with its well-established and growing ecosystem of partners and service providers to create integrated solutions and services that make the NetApp Data Fabric real.
The new Data Fabric solutions include:
- Data Fabric Solution Essentials – starter kits that would make it easier for customers to become hybrid cloud ready and quickly see benefits as they evolve their infrastructures. Three new offerings target key IT challenges, focusing on accelerating applications, gaining control of shadow IT, and improving disaster recovery capabilities.
- Data Fabric Enablement Services – to help customers create their own data fabrics. NetApp experts can help customers identify optimal workloads for the cloud and gain the architectural design and deployment insights they need for success.
- Expansion of cloud provider relationships – NetApp is now a Google Cloud Platform Technology Partner. Technology Partners provide tools that integrate with Google Cloud Platform to extend its reach and functionality. NetApp customers can choose from more than 275 service providers to craft their hybrid cloud, with support for multi-cloud and multi-directional strategies and integration of resources that are on-premises, near-the-cloud and in-the-cloud.
- Data security, additional media support, volume capacity increases and other enhancements to Cloud ONTAP, NetApp software – that allows customers to quickly deploy enterprise-grade storage in the cloud and automate data movement to and from their premises and Amazon Web Services (AWS Cloud).
- Enhanced security and other capabilities for NetApp AltaVault cloud-integrated storage solutions – these solutions would speed recovery and reduce risk, enabling users to back up data with security to any cloud.
“Management of digital data is essential for organizations to innovate faster and capture new revenue opportunities in a fast changing technology landscape,” said Lee Caswell, vice president, Product, Solutions and Services Marketing, NetApp. “NetApp’s Data Fabric vision, solutions and services allow customers to realize the full potential of hybrid cloud, helping them drive speed and scale while balancing cost and risk. Today’s announcements further strengthen the core role NetApp technologies hold as the foundation for the hybrid cloud, particularly our clustered Data ONTAP environment, which provides a single platform spanning flash, cloud and disk resources.”