The first object storage backup appliance designed specifically for Veeam, Object First, has announced the opening of its official business. Ratmir Timashev and Andrei Baronov, co-founders of Veeam, developed Object First to assist midsize enterprise enterprises in ransomware prevention by providing “simple” out-of-the-box immutability.
Every 11 seconds, businesses are the target of a ransomware attack, and this year alone, ransomware attacks have climbed by 13 percent, which is more than they have over the previous five years combined, stated Object First. To maintain business continuity, backup data offers a way to restore maliciously encrypted data. However, due to the quick growth of cyberthreats, backup data has emerged as the main target as hackers attempt to stop any way of recovering from an assault. Immutable backups are now the best line of security against ransomware as a result, according to Object First’s founders.
The offering is created and enhanced to provide Veeam with the finest storage. It would provide Veeam clients with the following benefits:
- Simple to scale and deploy without the need for security expertise
- Powerful enough to support Instant Recovery and ultra-fast backups
- Affordable, with an appealing price-performance ratio
“With the exponential rise of ransomware, data protection has become a C-level or board-level discussion for every business, large or small,” said Ratmir Timashev. “We are delivering an optimized implementation specifically tailored for data protection with out-of-the-box immutability and hardened security paired with the right level of redundancy and features. Object storage represents a major technological shift to provide new data-driven storage that is completely ransomware immune whether it is running locally or in the cloud.”
– story continues below the photo –
Object First understood the necessity of assisting businesses in ransomware-proofing their backup data, which would be one of the biggest targets in their environment. IT administrators don’t need to become security experts since Object First establishes security and ransomware resistance from the outset.
To sum up, key features of Object First would include:
- Ransomware-proof – The chance of ransomware gaining access to backup data would be completely eliminated by “effortless” out-of-the-box immutability, while data integrity would be guaranteed by a factory-hardened operating system.
- Simple – Instead of taking hours or days, Object First may be stacked, stacked, and installed in about 15 minutes, according to the company. By only adding a node, users may scale performance and capacity. No knowledge of security would be necessary.
- Powerful – With ingest rates that are faster than 4.0 gigabytes per second, Object First turbocharges Instant Recovery, enabling users to run unsuccessful workloads directly from backup in a matter of minutes.
The Object First beta is already accessible, and later this year, it will be made generally available through its expanding community of channel partners. Visit www.objectfirst.com for additional information about joining the beta program.
Additionally, Object First disclosed that David Bennett has joined the organization as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will assume day-to-day leadership. Prior to joining Object First, Mr. Bennett, a seasoned executive with more than 26 years of IT channel leadership experience, held the positions of CEO at Axcient and Chief Revenue Officer at Webroot.
“Object storage is the future of the industry due to the big benefits around scale, reliability, availability, security, cost, and most importantly – easy-to-implement, effortless immutability – and we’ll see continued increased adoption for across all industries,” said David Bennett. “While cloud computing has been a huge driver, we’re also going to see more on-premises adoption, as hybrid environments prevail. We launched Object First to help Veeam customers with effortless immutability.”