The launch of NetApp BlueXP, a single control plane that would offer a straightforward hybrid multicloud experience for storage and data services across on-premises and cloud environments, has been announced by NetApp.
Today, businesses are increasingly utilizing hybrid multicloud systems to speed up their digital transformation and spur development despite unpredictable economic conditions, according to NetApp. Companies must overcome formidable obstacles and inefficiencies that might stifle innovation in order to manage these settings.
“Today’s cloud environments are complex. Organizations are looking for a better cloud experience – simpler, streamlined, governed, and optimized for performance and cost across their entire hybrid multicloud environment,” said Archana Venkatraman, Research Director, Cloud Data Management, IDC. “An ‘evolved cloud’ is one of the most grounded, AI-driven, and practical approaches to cloud management as a whole – and organizations will quickly benefit from migration to operations, to FinOps, to innovation.”
With BlueXP, NetApp is paving the road for a more ‘evolved cloud’ that would help businesses increase business impact and enhance customer experience by automating and streamlining critical operations across on-premises and public clouds.
Users may manage their larger hybrid multicloud data estate with NetApp BlueXP, which includes first-party native storage on-premises and on-premises unified storage with the top public cloud providers. BlueXP provides integrated, broad data service capabilities to deploy, automate, discover, manage, protect, govern, and optimize data, infrastructure, and the business processes that support them – with the flexible consumption options needed in today’s cloud-led environment. BlueXP would offer a “straightforward but effective” experience driven by AIOps.
“With the launch of BlueXP, NetApp is uniquely positioned to help organizations unlock the promise of the cloud by making infrastructure, applications and data true assets to their business,” said George Kurian, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at NetApp. “By taking an evolved cloud approach, customers can integrate cloud into their architecture and operations, eliminate complexity and increase their speed of innovation to deliver quickly on the business outcomes that matter most.”
To sum, up, NetApp BlueXP capabilities would include the following:
- Unified Storage Management – BlueXP’s global control plane, which is offered as SaaS, provides a centralized point of view and management for diverse hybrid multicloud settings. All of the main clouds, including Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP, Azure NetApp Files, Google Cloud Volumes Service, and Cloud Volumes ONTAP, can be managed with NetApp AFF, FAS, StorageGRID, and E-Series on-premises storage, all from a single console.
- AIOps-Driven Health – While AI-enabled health and status monitoring not only notifies of infrastructure and workload difficulties but also provides proactive assistance to prevent difficulty scenarios, it would also decrease the demands on personnel, resource loads, and risk profiles. For always-on telemetry throughout the hybrid multicloud, BlueXP incorporates NetApp’s Active IQ technology.
- Cyber Resilience – Centralized management of data security and protection using a built-in zero-trust paradigm. A single ransomware dashboard gives the entire organization access into ransomware vulnerabilities, It would give users the power to quickly and automatically resolve several problems.
- Governance at a Glance – A comprehensive perspective of the digital estate to track permits and compliance. The AI/ML capabilities would check user and data-level activities, instantly spotting abnormalities and taking the appropriate steps.
- Seamless Mobility – Data may be copied, synced, tiered, and cached using integrated data movers as simply as ‘dragging and dropping’ between all major clouds and the data center. Data is safeguarded in transit and kept on the least expensive storage tier feasible thanks to integrated security and efficiency.
- Flexible Consumption – Customers may use BlueXP’s usage-based billing to only pay for the features they really use. As an enterprise’s needs change, licenses for data services may be readily switched out using a digital wallet. Customers would be enabled to manage both their consumption-based data center storage and their cloud storage simultaneously thanks to the integration of NetApp Keystone, the industry-leading Storage-as-a-Service (STaaS) product, into BlueXP.
“OpenText serves the majority of the Fortune 100 companies as customers, delivering enterprise-grade, cloud-native solutions and information management software that helps power their businesses,” said Mark J. Barrenechea, CEO and CTO at OpenText. “We are investing in centralizing systems to reduce complexity. As we help organizations move to the cloud, we are leveraging NetApp’s portfolio to actively monitor and manage our hybrid multicloud environment with a unified control plane, allowing us to efficiently onboard new customers to their cloud of choice in one seamless experience.”