NetSource Communications, a Chicago-based hosting provider, has expanded its suite of security options designed to help businesses pass HIPAA and PCI audits. These new advanced security packages would make the long and often complicated compliance process a bit simpler.
NetSource Communications customizes each hosting security package to the individual needs of the client, and often includes the client’s auditor in the discussion when planning the new network environment to confirm they accept the new hosting and security model.
Each advanced NetSource hosting security package includes a mix of services to achieve either PCI or HIPAA compliance.
Network Layer Security Package:
- Managed dedicated hardware firewall with policy management and firmware updates
- Intrusion detection license on firewall to combat the ever changing real-time threats
- Basic DDoS protection firewall level; add-on applications for larger traffic sites
- Basic web application filtering license on firewall
- Site to site VPN access and/or remote VPN user setups
- Monthly security reports
- Clear contract defining both parties’ responsibilities to ensure compliance with standards
Server and VM Layer Security Package:
- Security patch updates on a pre-determined schedule
- Server virus protection for both Windows and Linux hosting environments
- Security scanning with both internal and external scans. Reports and optional remediation as needed.
- Server monitoring, reporting and alerts that are setup to go directly to the client
- Security agent installed on each server/VM that includes: web portal, firewall policy control, intrusion detection, web application filtering, log monitoring, file monitoring, dual-factor authentication, user access control, and continuous vulnerability scans
Established in 1995, NetSource Communications offers a range of hosting services, including colocation, dedicated servers, managed hosting, cloud hosting, disaster recovery, and security. Their Chicago area data center is located in Naperville, Illinois.