Commvault, a global provider of backup, recovery, and data management solutions across hybrid cloud environments, has launched a repackaged and “simplified” product set. Commvault‘s newly packaged product set has been consolidated from more than 20 offerings into four products, while the company also launched an enhanced channel partner program.
Commvault said it had completely simplified its product set to bring together comprehensive backup & recovery and data management, including storage infrastructure, service delivery orchestration, and data governance. The new products are updated with innovations that would incorporate artificial intelligence (AI) behaviors and automatic learning capabilities while adapting to help make IT operations more simple and streamlined.
Commvault’s newly-packaged product set combines new innovations and capabilities, while consolidating more than 20+ offerings into these four products:
- Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery – Designed to meet the needs of any size business, it covers workloads across all locations: hybrid environments include on-premises and multiple cloud providers; dedicated servers; virtual machines; applications and databases; endpoint devices; and more. Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery also includes disaster recovery (DR) capabilities, snapshot management, endpoint user protection, mailbox protection for on-premises, and SaaS offerings, replication, reporting and integrated archiving.
- Commvault HyperScale Technology – Commvault HyperScale Technology is an add-on for Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery that delivers an on-premises, cloud-like infrastructure to support scale-out secondary storage. This is available in two form factors: a Commvault-branded integrated appliance, or as a software solution that can be used with a customer’s preferred hardware provider.
- Commvault Orchestrate – Automated service delivery technology that enables users to provision, sync and validate data in any environment for important IT needs such as disaster recovery (DR) testing, Dev/Test operations, and workload migrations. Commvault Orchestrate would allow customers to extend the value of their data sitting in secondary storage. Secondary copies of data can now be used for activities like accelerating dev/test routines or performing application migrations. Operations that were previously manual can now be orchestrated and automated, “saving customers valuable time and money.”
- Commvault Activate – Discover and extract new business insights from data under management to better meet governance requirements like GDPR and deliver data to the business for analysis. Commvault Activate lets users comply with privacy regulations by detecting and taking action on data risks, use data insights to drive file efficiencies and accountability and give an enterprise the tools to reveal and extend the value of data across the enterprise.
Enhanced Channel Partner Program
In support of Commvault’s strategic commitment to become a more partner-led business, the company has also undertaken a major redeployment of resources across its sales, partner and field marketing organizations to create new teams dedicated to Commvault’s four routes to market: Alliance Partners, Value Added Resellers (VARs) and Distributors, Service Providers and Global Systems Integrators (GSIs).
Commvault’s people, programs, and tools are all focused on supporting these partners to accelerate business growth for both Commvault and its partners, and include these program enhancements:
- The creation of a new Partner Success Desk – an on-demand service center for partners around the globe – that provides 24-hour assistance with things such as RFP response questions, and fielding technical questions through every step of the sales process. The Partner Success Desk would provide partners with easier, faster access to Commvault support and resources.
- A “robust” Partner Demand Center – which gives partners access to Commvault’s marketing concierge team to help activate and execute marketing campaigns. The Partner Demand Center would provide the ability to “seamlessly” stream content directly to partners’ websites and social media platforms.
- A newly designed Commvault Quote Center – designed to make it easier for partner organizations to generate and provide product quotes “in a matter of minutes, significantly reducing the time it takes for sellers to create proposals, giving them a competitive advantage.”
- A refreshed Partner Portal environment – with new tools, content, and resources all focused on optimizing the partner experience and joint success. With new, “simplified” access and click-to-chat capabilities, partners can take advantage of all the latest sales tools, marketing resources, and enablement assets to grow and scale their Commvault business.
- A simplified Partner Program inclusion of expanded Business Development Funds – available for partners to help scale their businesses and grow their new customer opportunities by promoting and selling Commvault solutions.
- New investments in organizational leadership – Part of Commvault’s commitment to partners is the hiring of new, senior executive talent “laser-focused” on partner success, including the addition of a new worldwide head of channels, Scott Strubel.