CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE:COR), a provider of data center solutions across the U.S., has announced he development of SV7 on its Santa Clara campus. CoreSite is initiating the build of SV7 in order to continue to meet growing demand for multi-tenant colocation space in the Silicon Valley market.
SV7 will comprise approximately 230,000 square feet, of which CoreSite has pre-leased approximately 35,000 square feet under a lease executed in Q2 2015. Currently in preconstruction and anticipated to break ground in Q3 of this year, CoreSite expects to substantially complete Phase 1 of the building in Q2 2016. The completion of SV7 will increase the size of CoreSite’s Santa Clara campus to approximately 600,000 square feet.
CoreSite’s design of SV7 would reflect the company’s focus on creating an interconnected colocation environment comprised of enterprises, networks and cloud service providers to enable high-performance applications for CoreSite’s customers.
“Santa Clara has continued to be among the top markets in the U.S. in terms of annual absorption of data center capacity, and we believe that our SV7 development will bring added best-in-class capacity to this robust market,” said Tom Ray, CEO of CoreSite. “Further, the nearly 180 customers currently deployed within CoreSite’s data centers throughout Silicon Valley benefit from our continued expansion of the highly-interconnected environment in which their performance-sensitive IT applications are deployed.”
CoreSite’s Santa Clara Data Center Campus Provides:
- Access to nearly 40 network, cloud and IT service providers as well as 20 enterprise and digital content customers
- Access to on-demand cloud services through the CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange
- Access to CoreSite’s Any2 Exchange for Internet peering, and CoreSite’s Blended IP service
- Interconnection with AWS Direct Connect
- 24x7x365 remote hands services available from CoreSite’s certified, skilled technicians
- Security features including 24x7x365 in-house on-site security officers, key card access, biometric scanners and double mantrap entries
- A 100% uptime SLA guarantee and portfolio record of six 9s (99.9999%) uptime in each of the past four calendar years
- Flexible solutions including cabinets, cages, and build-to-suit suites
- Compliance support for industry-specific customer requirements
- PCI DSS and SSAE 16 SOC 1 Type 2 validated infrastructure and systems