Equinix, global provider of colocation and interconnectivity services, has announced the launch of its global Channel Partner Program, designed for managed service providers (MSPs), network service providers (NSPs), systems integrators (SIs) and solution providers (SPs) to help design and deploy the right IT and cloud hosting solutions for enterprise customers.
A global program spanning the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific, the Equinix Channel Partner Program allows partners to both resell and refer Equinix services, and is intended to help enterprise customers obtain the comprehensive IT services and expertise they need – from the channel community they’re accustomed to working with.
Equinix’s strategic partnerships with leading cloud hosting service providers, including AWS, Cisco, Google Cloud Platform, IBM SoftLayer, Microsoft Azure and NetApp, would enable the Equinix partner community to help enterprises truly leverage the power of the cloud to support all their mission critical applications.
Highlights of the Equinix Channel Partner Program include:
- It offers several ways for partners to engage with Equinix – as a reseller, referral agent or cloud technology platform partner.
- Equinix channel partners will be able to help enterprises advance their hybrid cloud strategies by gaining access to Equinix Cloud Exchange – an interconnection solution offering direct access to multiple clouds and multiple networks from a single port.
- Equinix channel partners can also create new recurring revenue streams by implementing the Equinix Performance Hub, a solution that distributes a company’s data center infrastructure across multiple locations, accelerating application delivery to employees, customers and partners worldwide.
- Equinix has made significant investments to ensure the success of its channel, including the appointment of industry veteran, Christopher Rajiah, vice president of worldwide partner and alliances, to run the program.
- Service providers that have recently already joined the Equinix Channel Partner Program include Carpathia, Datalink, Datapipe, Dimension Data and Unitas Global, among others.
“We are empowering our channel partners to capitalize on the significant business opportunity to support their customers’ cloud transformation needs, and not only increase their ‘trusted advisor’ status but also make it easier for them to extend their services and increase wallet share by offering new services,” said Pete Hayes, chief sales officer, Equinix. “This program represents one of the top strategic initiatives for Equinix, and we have made significant investments to ensure our partners are set up for success, including increasing our internal resources six-fold over the past year.”