Coriant, a global supplier of hyperscale networking solutions for service providers and web-scale Internet operators, has announced the promotion of Robert Shore to the role of Senior Vice President of Global Sales Enablement. Prior to his new role, Mr. Shore held leadership positions in solutions marketing and technical sales, including managing Coriant’s solution sales organization for the Europe, Middle East, and Africa regions.
In his new role, Robert Shore will lead a global team driving Coriant’s ongoing transformation into a software-centric and multi-sided platform solutions provider in a new era of ‘open ecosystem’ innovation. His responsibilities include global sales strategy, multi-sided platform partnerships, technical sales, systems engineering, network planning and design, product marketing, brand communications, and digital and social media marketing.
Robert Shore has more than 25 years of experience in the telecommunications industry and has held a variety of positions in engineering, customer support, marketing and sales. He has also held positions in Coriant’s North America sales organization, market management, segment marketing, Tier 3 technical support, product development and solution validation.
New Leadership Appointments
Coriant also announced new leadership appointments and roles under Robert Shore that would reinforce the Global Sales Enablement organization’s depth and breadth of industry knowledge, technical expertise and customer experience. The new appointments and roles include:
- Farshid Mohammadi, Vice President, Multi-Sided Platform Partner Program – Mohammadi brings to this new position over 20 years of product management, product marketing, R&D, and business development experience and a distinguished career that includes executive leadership and technical roles at Ericsson, 3Com, UTStarcom, Bridgewater Systems, and Bell Communications Research (Telcordia/Bellcore).
- Andreas Iselt, Director of Software Strategy – Dr. Iselt is responsible for Coriant’s software networking strategy, including SDN/NFV, open ecosystem software solution partnerships, and industry collaborations such as ONF. Dr. Iselt holds a Master’s and PhD degree in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, and has extensive experience in infrastructure network implementations in his previous executive roles at Nokia Siemens Networks, Siemens, and British Telecom.
- Bert Buescher, Vice President, Global Technical Sales – recently promoted to this global position, Mr. Buescher is a seasoned sales veteran with more than 25 years of telecommunications experience and more than 10 years in direct sales positions. He has previously held leadership positions in the North American technical sales and product line management for several of Coriant’s Packet Optical solutions. During a “distinguished” career at Tellabs he held a variety of leadership roles in product management, marketing, corporate strategy, and the office of the CTO.
- Russ Fordyce, Executive Director, Content Marketing & Solutions Promotion – Fordyce joins Coriant with more than 19 years of broad experience in the service provider and enterprise B2B segments, including leadership roles at ITXC Corp., (now part of Tata Communications), Comcast, and Broadview Networks, a pioneer in cloud innovation and now part of Windstream. In his new role, he will lead a team responsible for global product marketing, content marketing, go-to-market strategies, sales training and competitive analysis.
- Scott Larson, Vice President, Digital & Social Media Marketing – a seasoned marketing executive, Larson brings to his role a “proven” track record of implementing high-impact B2B marketing and corporate communications programs that would build thought leadership, strengthen brand reputation, and drive customer demand. His career spans marketing leadership and senior program roles at Sycamore Networks, Ascend Communications, and Network Equipment Technologies, and includes extensive international marketing experience.
- Bill Kautz, Director of Market Intelligence & Industry Analyst Relations – Kautz brings to his role over 30 years of experience in optical and data networking and expertise in creating customer value through a deep understanding of both technology and business. Previously, Kautz held solutions marketing, product management, marketing, planning and engineering development roles at Tellabs.
- Stefan Spaelter, Vice President of Global Technical Sales Support – Dr. Spaelter has global responsibility for defining innovative network solutions, creating optimized network designs, and providing “high-quality” tender responses. He brings more than 25 years of experience in optical communications, with previous leadership positions spanning research, system engineering, optical engineering, and technical sales at leading companies such as Lucent Bell Labs, Siemens, Nokia Siemens Networks and Coriant. Dr. Spaelter received his PhD in the field of quantum fiber optics and has published more than 75 reviewed conference papers and journal articles.