Internap, provider of Infrastructure-as-a-Service hosting solutions, announced the opening of its newest high-performance data center – with power densities of up to 18kW per rack. The new facility is located in Secaucus, New Jersey, to serve customers in the New York metro area and beyond with Internap’s portfolio of hybrid IT infrastructure services, including colocation, managed hosting, virtual servers and bare-metal cloud.
The Secaucus data center will add 55,000 net-sellable square feet over time to Internap’s existing data center capacity in the New York metro area, including 75 Broad Street, which is nearing full capacity.
Key features at the new Secaucus facility would include:
- Advanced N+1 design with concurrent maintainability ensuring maximum uptime and complete infrastructure redundancy.
- Scalable design supporting power densities of up to 18kW per rack, among the highest in the industry, allowing customers to scale in place by adding power in-rack without consuming additional floor space.
- High-efficiency UPS system, outdoor air cooling system and reclaimed building materials, in accordance with Internap’s award-winning green building practices.
- Internap’s PlatformConnect service, with Layer 2 VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) technology, that would allow for a seamless, cost-effective hybridization of its virtual and bare-metal cloud, managed hosting, colocation, storage and other infrastructure services within the Secaucus facility and between other Internap data centers.
- A convenient location, offering easy access to Manhattan, the N.J. Turnpike, the Secaucus Junction train station and the area’s three international airports; one of the only facilities in the region that is outside the 500-year flood plain.