Kaseya, a provider of IT management solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and SMB, has announced the general availability of Kaseya VSA 9.3. The new Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) platform would deliver a reimagined technician experience to significantly improve productivity, enable 24×7 operations, provide policy-driven end-point security and increased platform scalability and extensibility.
Key features of the new RMM platform, KaseyaVSA 9.3, include:
- Real Time Visibility – Live Connect module would deliver immediate, comprehensive, and real-time visibility into every aspect of an end point such as CPU utilization, application processes, services, disk utilization, activity metrics and service tickets-without interrupting the end user’s system.
- Fast Remote Control – Kaseya VSA’s remote control is accessible within Live Connect to enable rapid resolution of complex device problems by technicians.
- Reduced Site Visits – New Kaseya VSA and Intel vPro integration enables non-responsive PCs or kiosks to be repaired remotely without the cost or delays associated with a site visit.
- Extensible Automation – Technicians can leverage an extensible library of automated procedures to address common issues, such as rebooting, disk cleanup, service restarts, or clearing registry problems.
- Improved Technician Multi-tasking and Efficiency – Technicians can simultaneously monitor multiple devices, quickly toggle between remote sessions, and quickly zero-in to resolve issues.
- New Technician Experience – Live Connect employs Google’s Material Design guidelines to deliver a modern, clean and intuitive interface, which further increases efficiency and dramatically reduces staff training requirements.
“With these enhancements, which have been developed based on customer feedback, Live Connect has leapfrogged competition to deliver the best technician experience on the market today,” said Mike Puglia, chief product officer, Kaseya. “Competitive offerings don’t have the modern, clean intuitive interface of Live Connect. But, more importantly, they also don’t have the connect speed, the advanced real-time monitoring interface, the remote control capabilities and the inherent reliability of Live Connect for VSA 9.3.”
Policy Driven End Point Security
Kaseya VSA 9.3 includes new security capabilities and automation including:
- Security Automation – Policy-driven ‘best practice’ automation templates based on Kaseya’s experience working with thousands of customers, would ensure that all end points are secure and are consistently updated to provide the highest threat protection.
- Selectable Security Posture Levels – Customers can now quickly select between pre-built levels of security monitoring to automatically enable the appropriate level of scanning and remediation for workstations or servers that can be applied to groups guaranteeing compliance with internal or industry standards.
- Customized Security Policies – Custom automated policies, leveraging the latest attributes of Kaseya partners Kaspersky Lab and Malwarebytes, including new behavioral based and network attack detection, protects against emerging threats.
Improved Platform Scalability & Extensibility
Kaseya VSA 9.3 is engineered to meet the demands of today’s disparate networks through:
- Peer-to-Peer – New peer-to-peer software deployment technology would provide a new approach to distributing software applications and updates on a massive scale.
- Improved Scalability – Kaseya VSA 9.3 has benchmarked improved performance due to database performance, refactoring the server architecture and advanced performance engineering.
- Automation Exchange – New Automation Exchange would put the power of the community to work by providing a central ‘clearing house’ to foster the easy exchange of automation processes, scripts, reports, integrations and other customization.
- Self-Managing Agents – Kaseya VSA can deploy new agents on a scheduled-basis or automatically update them based on policy-driven settings to ensure that the system is always up-to-date.
- Programmatic Control – New REST API would enable customers and partners to extend the Kaseya platform and customize the system to their needs using the latest REST-based API protocols.
- Partner Extensibility – VSA 9.3 expands capabilities for partners such as ESET, Trend Micro, Webroot, Veeam, IT Glue, APC by Schneider Electric and Greater Intell. All have announced new integrated offerings giving Kaseya customers the choice and control for using best-of-breed technologies through a single platform.
- PSA Integration – Kaseya VSA 9.3 introduces new bi-directional data connection integrations with 3rd party PSA products from Autotask, Connectwise and Tigerpaw Software, bringing a new level of interoperability between RMM and PSA products.