Provision Data Services, a provider of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions, has announced the opening of its first data center located in the Dallas area. Their new Dallas data center is located downtown Central Business District (CBD), at 2020 Live Oak St. Currently. A Fortune 500 telecommunications company serves as the anchor tenant for the 137,000-square-foot data center, occupying 10,000 square feet within the 12-story structure.
Provision is a large-floor space provider with wholesale availability in the Dallas CBD offering users:
- Oncor delivery is a double-contingency system that serves the high-density load in the CDB. Five separate networks serve Provision.
- Double-contingency design assures uninterrupted service in the event of the loss of one or two network feeders or transformers.
- 14 MW of utility power is available with scalability to increased capacity.
- Tier 3 conformal and SAS 70 Type 2, SSAE 16 SOC I, SOC II compliant facility.
- Flexible colocation space for single tenant floors; private, locked cages and suites; build-to-suits for independent data centers; two separate Meet-Me-Rooms; up to 10,000 square feet of contiguous space with wholesale colocation options.
- 24×7 on-site personnel with 12-foot perimeter wall and multi-factor security fencing enclosing generator yard.
“Our vision for Provision Data Services is to provide best-in-class infrastructure technology for Fortune 500 enterprises to small independents,” said Clay Hill, chief executive officer (CEO) of Provision Data Services. “Dallas-Fort Worth is the hub of connectivity for U.S. bandwidth with users and cloud providers seeking flexible environments with access to internetworked connectivity and reliable operations.”
The executive team fueling Provision’s strategy and vision is principal founder and Chief Executive Officer, Clay Hill, co-founder and Chief Operating Officer, David Tordoff, along with Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing, David Marlow.
Prior to launching Provision with David Tordoff, Mr. Hill was a co-founder of Clearview Management Consultants, later branded Clearview International. With more than 28 years of experience, Mr. Hill has advised companies worldwide on transforming their businesses while gaining maximum value from their IT investments. As CEO of Provision, he oversees Provision’s corporate direction – “providing clients with leveraged technology and agile business operations.”
In his career, Mr. Tordoff has led many data center initiatives, from ground-level build outs to re-engineering facilities into “state-of-the-art” infrastructures. As co-founder and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Provision, he ensures the company’s corporate strategies are aligned with overall market dynamics, customer needs and operational requirements. His extensive knowledge of network-centric data centers would provide the team with long-term leadership and management expertise.
David Marlow is a 32-year industry veteran with experience in rapid market growth cycles, competing in global markets and overseeing the successful sale of a $35 million manufacturing company. Mr. Marlow brings versatile expertise in electronic/semiconductor manufacturing and SAAS/cloud computing driving Provision’s new market development and sales.