The latest version of StorageCraft ImageManager, a free backup management software solution, would allow IT administrators to more easily manage, organize and replicate backup images taken with StorageCraft ShadowProtect SPX and ShadowProtect 5 recovery solutions.
“The additions to ImageManager 7’s already robust feature set were the result of feedback from our partners. They asked, and we listened,” said Matt Urmston, Director of Product Management, StorageCraft. “We added the tools IT professionals said would allow them to even more efficiently manage business continuity efforts, giving users the ability to devote less time to backup management needs and spend more time with other mission-critical activities.”
In addition to several new features, StorageCraft also announced that its previous premium-based backup and recovery technologies – StorageCraft intelligentFTP and StorageCraft HeadStart Restore – are now standard features of ImageManager 7.
StorageCraft ImageManager 7’s new standard features include:
- StorageCraft intelligentFTP – would provide maximum flexibility, enabling users to transfer every ShadowProtect incremental file or just a single, collapsed daily file. It also allows for customizable retention policies so users can transfer selected files.
- StorageCraft HeadStart Restore – would enable recovery in minutes in the event of an emergency by pre-staging local backups in a virtual machine for standby failover. The standby volume stays up to date because ImageManager populates each incremental backup into the virtual machine.
- Advanced Image Verification – allows desired backups to be scheduled to automatically boot via integrated StorageCraft VirtualBoot technology, providing an email with an attached screenshot of the System Login Screen. It also provides the ability to configure advanced image verification to occur daily, weekly or monthly based on user needs.
- Expandable Managed Folders – includes expandable managed folders to show detailed job information, such as replication jobs, HeadStart Restore, intelligentFTP or ShadowStream jobs. In addition, users would now be able to quickly and easily view the status of ongoing Verification and Consolidation activities at a glance.
- Managed Folder Filters – provides users the ability to filter folders based on the type of jobs configured, such as folders by job type, folders with running tasks, synching folders, etc.
- Backup Store Management – enables users to configure a single managed folder and allows ImageManager to automatically apply the policy settings to subfolders within the backup store. Any new sub folders are also automatically managed and inherit the settings of the primary backup store.