Cirrus Tech, a Toronto, Ontario based company specializing in private and public cloud hosting, has announced the launch of its new cloud VPS hosting plans, Cirrus Cloud VM 2.0. Version 2.0 of these cloud VPS hosting packages are based on OnApp cloud infrastructure and designed to create plans geared for different needs.
In this cloud VPS hosting package, CirrusHosting.com designed 3 tiers of service to better target each segment’s needs. These tiers are: Barebone, Business and Enterprise.
What’s new in Cirrus Tech’s Cloud VM/VPS Plans 2.0:
- Barebone Servers – This tier is designed for people who are just looking for servers for development, to browse from (Virtual Desktop or VDI) or maybe to run their accounting software from such as Quickbooks or Simply Accounting.
- Business Servers – This tier is designed for resellers and larger websites that want to have dedicated resources. It would also be a good fit for a dedicated email server which includes Anti Spam and Anti Virus protection. This tier would allow for features like Control Panels, CDN, Auto-scaling and many more.
- Enterprise Servers – This tier is designed for mission critical and/or highly secure environments. PCI or HIPPA certification assistance is included. VPN and CDN all included in the price.
Other features of these Cloud VM/VPS Plans 2.0 plans would include:
- Improved Performance – Through better use of SAN technologies and fine-tuning the server, Cirrus Tech claims it has significantly increased the performance of its new plans.
- Posted SLA – For the first time in Cirrus History, Tiers Business and Enterprise in the new VPS/Cloud Plans v2.0 are backed with 100% SLA.
“More and more businesses are sourcing cloud infrastructure from local providers who can offer a close-touch service with excellent local country support – providers just like Cirrus Tech,” said Kosten Metreweli, Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) at OnApp. “Running on the OnApp cloud platform, Cirrus can deliver a great cloud feature set, from traditional VPS through to enterprise hybrid cloud, with a fantastic user experience and all of the key cloud features that business customers need for their apps.”
Cirrus Tech’s preexisting cloud features include:
- Hardware redundancy (live migration)
- Redundant storage
- Quick provisioning
- Console access
- Recovery mode (to access file system when OS is not functional)
- Image backup
- Cloud based DNS
- Hundreds of templates to choose from
- Upgrade resources without reboot for some major operating systems such as CentOS
- Virtual firewall (Firewall outside of the virtual environment)
- VM segregation (in case of customer having multiple VMs)
- Guaranteed and Dedicated resources
- Intelligent Auto-scaling
- Load Balancers
- Hourly Billing