NextFort has announced the commissioning and grand opening of its high-density 130,000 sq. ft. data center in Chandler, AZ, near Phoenix. The new colocation facility would provide ultra secure and ultra high-density services aimed at enterprise clients.
The colocation provider is convinced that enterprise customers can benefit from its unique modular approach with High-Density Computing Suites (HCS). The NextFort HCS concept provides concrete and steel rooms designed to house up to 20 high-density IT racks for a total IT load up to 225KW (up to 600 watts/sq ft.).
Modular colocation suites
A Tier 3 NextFort HCS would feature innovative designs in power distribution, cooling and facilities architecture that delivers superior power efficiencies, enabling customers to achieve up to 40% better cooling efficiency and four times the density of computing power than at a conventional data center. Future expansion calls for 50,000 square feet of data center space for additional HCS suites that can be rapidly deployed.
“NextFort’s unique and innovative design offers a simpler and more predictable cost model,” said Mark Towfiq, CEO of NextFort. “It is a new option for organizations with increasingly elastic strategies for managing data center capacity and is ideal for today’s modern computing requirements such as cloud computing and disaster recovery.”
NextFort’s High-Density Computing Suites would offer enterprises:
- Ultra high-density power capacity – up to 225KW per suite, 2N redundant power utility feeds with separate individually metered panels
- Energy efficiency – 100% free air cooling and an average of 1.25 PUE
- Connectivity – access to 15 national fiber optic and network service providers as well as a high capacity power grid that serves some of the largest IT companies in the country
- Physical security – a secondary concrete perimeter enclosure, 24×7 on-site security and monitoring
- Certification – Soon to be operating under controls designed to pass a SOC 2 Type 2 audit
- Monitoring – Secure web-based customer portal to manage environmental settings of the colocation, physical access & security cameras, and power usage in the suite