Ocedo GmbH, a global provider of software defined networking solutions headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, has unveiled Ocedo for Amazon Web Services at AWS re:Invent 2015.
Complementing its existing gateways, access points, and switches for the physical world, Ocedo for AWS delivers a complete networking system for branches, edge networks, and the cloud. Distributed organizations are enabled to automate the connecting of all their AWS Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) across different regions and to their company offices.
“Ocedo for AWS makes possible truly automated hybrid-cloud connectivity and entirely eliminates expensive and error-prone network configuration”, said Jan Hichert, Ocedo CEO. “Now our customers and partners can transparently and seamlessly connect their different data center locations and their branches.”
Ocedo for AWS is offered exclusively through the Amazon Web Services (AWS) marketplace in all Amazon regions. With Ocedo’s advanced automation features, administrators can watch as Ocedo Gateways are deployed and their AWS networks are connected together with a full mesh VPN overlay. Using Ocedo would also provide a clear picture of all AWS instances, network devices, and users across their entire organization, alerting when unknown devices join the network at any office in the company or a new instance is started in a VPC on the other side of the world.
- Secured AWS Integration – Connect and synchronize with AWS resources using the latest in Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Automated VPN – Ocedo AutoVPN connects VPCs together without users having to manually configure VPN parameters, type IP addresses, or perform cumbersome manual parameter matching.
- Automated Routing – Ocedo RouteVPN makes networks reachable over the AutoVPN links.
- Non-Disruptive – Deployed alongside existing AWS resources, Ocedo would provide an enhanced, automated VPN overlay that doesn’t disrupt existing cloud configurations.
- Unparalleled Clarity – The Ocedo Cloud Console displays a global inventory of all devices, instances, ports and users to give a current view of operations, while providing alerts when things change.
- Client Agent – The included Ocedo Agent gives employees a client program that provides access to company AWS applications automatically when they leave a corporate office to travel or work from home.
“Ocedo makes it possible to automatically connect VPCs, accelerating the deployment of advanced, cloud architectures,” said Stephen Schmidt, AWS VP and CISO. “Customers can create VPN tunnels at scale with minimal need to manually configure, connect, and create routes between their VPCs. This eases deployment and simplifies ongoing management.”