It has been confirmed by Cloudian that its HyperStore object storage may now be used with Microsoft Azure Stack HCI. With the combined solution, Azure Stack HCI users can access the scalability and flexibility of public clouds from a cloud-native storage platform that would both be highly secured and reasonably priced, all inside their own data centers.
This would make it a solid foundation for hybrid use cases that demand data residency and low-latency data access in sectors such as financial services, healthcare, media & entertainment, government, and telecommunications. The announcement made comes after HyperStore and Microsoft SQL Server 2022 were recently integrated.
“Our growing collaboration with Microsoft reflects Cloudian’s leadership in enabling enterprises and service providers to meet their evolving hybrid cloud needs,” said Jon Toor, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) at Cloudian. “From its inception, we designed HyperStore to give customers a cloud-native storage foundation that would support modern applications on-premises while integrating seamlessly with public clouds, thereby helping them to achieve greater business and operational success.”
Microsoft Azure Arc
To sum up, Cloudian’s HyperStore features and benefits would include:
- Modular, limitless scalability – Start with three inexpensive nodes and, by simply adding more devices to the cluster, scale to exabytes without interruption.
- Data residency – All data should be kept locally to ensure compliance with data governance laws.
- Low latency – For optimum performance, access data locally from the all-flash or HDD-based storage of Cloudian.
- Geo-distribution – Within a single namespace, manage data worldwide across various sites.
- Data immutability for ransomware protection and compliance – Use S3 Object Lock to meet governance and legal hold requirements as well as to stop cybercriminals from encrypting data, allowing for rapid and simple recovery of an unencrypted backup copy without paying a ransom.
- Robust security – AES-256 server-side encryption for data at rest and SSL for data in transit, both in a platform certified with U.S. Department of Defense, SEC Rule 17a-4(f), FINRA Rule 4511, and CFTC Rule 1.31(c)-(d) security requirements, further protect data. Secured shell, integrated firewall, RBAC/IAM access controls, and these features are also available on other platforms.
- Fully native S3 compatibility – Integrate S3 applications in a public cloud or on-premises seamlessly.
- Advanced metadata tagging – Speed up data searches and make it simpler to integrate with applications using AI, ML, and analytics.
“Microsoft Azure Arc extends the Azure platform across hybrid, multi-cloud and edge environments,” said Vijay Kumar, Director of Product Marketing, Azure, Microsoft. “Azure Stack HCI is our first-party Azure Arc-enabled infrastructure that enables customers to run services and applications in their own data centers. With solutions like Cloudian’s HyperStore, customers will now be able to benefit from one of the leading object storage platforms to support their data residency and latency requirements.”