OnApp, provider of an IaaS cloud platform for hosting providers, telcos and MSPs, with one fully automated control panel for cloud services, dedicated servers, CDN, storage and more, has released a new integration for WHMCS that creates an end-to-end cloud hosting management, billing and support platform.
With OnApp and WHMCS, service providers would be able to offer fully automated cloud, virtual private server, CDN, DNS and reseller services through a single control panel, giving them an easy way to enter the cloud hosting market.
WHMCS is a widely used client management, billing and support tool for web hosts, cloud hosting providers and other online businesses, with tens of thousands of licenses deployed worldwide. When combined with OnApp’s Infrastructure-as-a-Service platform, through the new integration modules just released, the two products automate the entire range of functions needed for a fully-featured cloud hosting brand.
The integration was developed by OnApp over a five month period, with technical assistance from WHMCS, and input from OnApp customers whose test results and requests were fed directly to the development team. Long-standing OnApp customer, eApps Hosting was one key member of the beta-testing team.
With OnApp and WHMCS, service providers can now offer:
- Cloud Servers with fixed monthly pricing plans, or by-the-hour utility pricing
- Virtual Private Servers (VPS) with fixed and flexible pricing plans
- Content Delivery Network (CDN): providers can charge for fixed-rate global CDN packages or on a flexible basis, according to traffic, with OnApp’s federated cloud
- DNS Zones charged on a per-zone basis
- Reselling: providers can use WHMCS to resell OnApp-managed infrastructure to other providers, so they can offer OnApp cloud services without requiring their own deployment of OnApp
The OnApp WHMCS module is available free of charge to OnApp customers. Development of the module will continue with the addition of OnApp’s new bare metal server and smart server provisioning capabilities to WHMCS in a future release.