Learn how to deploy AWS Shield Advanced and AWS WAF across your organization when you are just getting started. In this video, you will learn how to use an aws-samples CloudFormation template to Subscribe and configure AWS Shield Advanced and leverage AWS Firewall Manager to deploy AWS WAF with recommended rules. You will also understand what are next steps and how to expand what you learn for several common scenarios.
AWS-Samples templates and code can be found – https://github.com/aws-samples/aws-shield-advanced-one-click-deployment
1) Enable Service Managed StackSets – https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSCloudFormation/latest/UserGuide/stacksets-orgs-activate-trusted-access.html
2) Enable Firewall Manager – https://docs.aws.amazon.com/waf/latest/developerguide/fms-prereq.html
3) Enable AWS Config for use with Firewall Manager – https://docs.aws.amazon.com/waf/latest/developerguide/enable-config.html
4) Getting a Support Plan – https://docs.aws.amazon.com/awssupport/latest/user/changing-support-plans.html
How to create rule exceptions in AWS WAF :
1) how-to-customize-behavior-of-aws-managed-rules-for-aws-waf – https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/how-to-customize-behavior-of-aws-managed-rules-for-aws-waf/
2) guidelines-for-implementing-aws-waf – https://docs.aws.amazon.com/pdfs/whitepapers/latest/guidelines-for-implementing-aws-waf/guidelines-for-implementing-aws-waf.pdf
3) query-examples-waf-logs – https://docs.aws.amazon.com/athena/latest/ug/waf-logs.html#query-examples-waf-logs
Additional Useful Shield Advanced Resources:
1) aws-shield-advanced-examples – https://github.com/aws-samples/aws-shield-advanced-examples
2) Event Driven Amazon Route 53 health checks for Shield Advanced – https://github.com/aws-samples/aws-shield-advanced-rapid-deployment/tree/main/code/route53
3) Automations for AWS Firewall Manager – AWS Solution –
05:03-10:00 Mandatory Parameters
10:00-13:47 Optional Configuration Options
13:47-15:52 Tagging Strategy
15:52-18:53 Next Steps
More AWS videos: https://go.aws/3m5yEMW
More AWS events videos: https://go.aws/3ZHq4BK
Do you have technical AWS questions?
Ask the community of experts on AWS re:Post: https://go.aws/3lPaoPb
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers — including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies — are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
#AWS #AmazonWebServices #CloudComputing
Publisher: Amazon Web Services
You can watch this video also at the source.