OneNeck IT Solutions, an end-to-end IT solutions and cloud hosting provider, has announced that preparations are nearly complete and construction will soon be underway on its new $20 million, 35,000 square foot Tier 3+ data center in the Denver metro area.
The multi-phase data center project is designed for rapid expansion, in up to five phases, totaling 160,000 square feet. It will also be able to support data center modules. The data center will be built on 11.2 acres of land on Concord Center Drive in Englewood. Once open, in early 2015, it will be the seventh data center owned and operated by OneNeck in the U.S.
When the doors open in 2015, the data center will resemble other OneNeck data centers in the Midwest. This facility will be built to support common compliance requirements such as SSAE 16, PCI-DSS, and HIPAA among others. It will also include many state-of-the-industry features, such as:
- Three factor security authentication, including iris scanners for personnel identification
- Up to 16” thick steel-reinforced concrete walls, roof and floors
- Ultra-quick responding VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) fire detection system
- Tier 4 electrical system with multiple levels of redundancy and backup
- Energy saving cooling design with a projected PUE of 1.2 or less
- Efficient use of space with a 5kW per cabinet average power density (the normal Colorado home uses about 1 kW), with maximums at 4 times that, or 20kW
The company also plans to deploy ReliaCloud in the new data center to provide businesses with a local cloud hosting solution.
ReliaCloud is an enterprise-grade IT Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) hosting solution specifically designed for resource intensive applications and databases that necessitate a secure and compliant operational framework. It’s built with industry-leading products and capabilities from Cisco, EMC, and VMware.
OneNeck IT Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems Inc., employs approximately 650 people throughout the U.S. The company offers a full suite of IT solutions including cloud hosting, managed hosting services and ERP application management.