Online Tech, a Great Lakes based provider of cloud hosting and colocation services, accomplished a long list of goals and reached significant milestones in 2014, making it the most ambitious and successful 12 months in its 20-year history.
Online Tech received a number of industry honors, including its seventh consecutive FastTrack award from Ann Arbor SPARK, the mid-Michigan economic development organization that recognizes the region’s fastest growing corporations. Online Tech won the Award for its annual average growth of more than 20 percent.
The company’s other achievements in 2014 included:
- Opening its first data center outside of Michigan – bringing Online Tech’s secure, compliant, enterprise cloud, colocation, offsite backup and disaster recovery services to the fast-growing economy of Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Opening its first data center in metro Detroit, an under-served market that was previously lacking the critical infrastructure to help drive the city’s economic renaissance.
- Completing a major expansion of its mid-Michigan data center to meet growing demand in central Michigan.
- Launching its Encrypted Cloud and Backup Service to encrypt sensitive patient and customer information sitting in the cloud for companies that must comply with regulations such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI.
- Delivering an end-to-end encryption solution to healthcare companies, helping them overcome a challenging aspect of HIPAA and achieve compliance.
- Celebrating its 20th anniversary and remarkable evolution from an early ISP for businesses in 1994 to its position today as one of the most respected providers of secured and compliant hosting services.
“2014 was a transformational year in terms of geographical growth, new data centers, an expansion of an existing facility, customer growth, industry honors and product launches,” said Yan Ness, co-CEO of Online Tech. “Every strategic step we have taken has allowed us to immediately deliver more value to our clients, while positioning the company for continued rapid growth.”
Online Tech’s lately acquired data center in Indianapolis is Online Tech‘s fifth colocation and cloud facility in the Midwest. The company is investing $10 million into the data center, which it acquired in May.
“This was a great year for our company, but I believe 2015 will be even better,” said Mike Klein, co-CEO of Online Tech. “The need for highly secure, fully compliant hosting services is growing by leaps and bounds. This is particularly true in heavily regulated industries including healthcare, financial services, retail, e-commerce and Software as a Service (SaaS). Though everyone will say they comply with HIPAA, SOC-2, PCI and other regulations, we have a culture of compliance. Security and compliance are not check boxes for us.”