Oracle opened its first cloud region in Italy, in Milan, while at the same announcing the opening of its first cloud region in the Nordics, in Stockholm. Both new Oracle Cloud regions would cater to the increasing cloud computing demands of private and public sector organizations. It will provide clients and partners full access to Oracle Cloud services.
Oracle’s broad network in the European Union is bolstered with the addition of the Milan and Stockholm cloud regions, which joins Frankfurt, Amsterdam, and Marseille, while a second cloud region in France and one in Spain are planned to open. In the United Kingdom and Switzerland, Oracle Cloud Regions are already available.
“It is important that we offer organizations access to cloud infrastructure that is located in Italy to manage their most critical data and applications. We currently see significant growth in our cloud business that reflects our customers’ desire to rapidly digitize their operations so they can better serve their customers,” said Alessandro Ippolito, vice president and country general manager, Oracle Italy.
Listen to this story
“The Milan region also supports the Italian government’s ‘Piano Nazionale di Ripresa e Resilienza’ (National Plan of Recovery and Resilience) initiative, which aims to promote the economic recovery of the country through digital modernization. Having a cloud region on Italian soil will help facilitate the adoption of Oracle Cloud services by government entities and Italy’s highly regulated industries.”
“It is important that we offer Nordic organizations access to cloud infrastructure locally to help manage their most critical data and applications,” said Pelle Ewald, country manager, Oracle Sweden. “We currently see significant growth in our cloud business that reflects our customers’ desire to rapidly scale their digital operations in an effort to continue to best serve their consumers now and in the future.”
Currently available Oracle Cloud regions now include:
- Asia Pacific: Tokyo (Japan), Osaka (Japan), Seoul (South Korea), Chuncheon (South Korea), Mumbai (India), Hyderabad (India), Sydney (Australia), Melbourne (Australia), Singapore (Singapore).
- Americas: San Jose (United States), Phoenix (United States), Ashburn (United States), Toronto (Canada), Montreal (Canada), São Paolo (Brazil), Vinhedo (Brazil), Santiago (Chile).
- Europe: Frankfurt (Germany), London (United Kingdom), Newport, Wales (United Kingdom), Zürich (Switzerland), Amsterdam (The Netherlands), Marseille (France), Milan (Italy), Stockholm (Sweden).
- Middle East: Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), Abu Dhabi (U.A.E), Dubai (U.A.E), Jerusalem (Israel).
- Government: Two general U.S. Government regions, and U.S. National Security regions, three U.S. Department of Defense specific Government regions, two in the United Kingdom (London and Newport, Wales).
Oracle is dedicated to sustainability. By 2025 all Oracle Cloud regions will be powered entirely by renewable energy. Several Oracle Cloud regions, including those in North America and South America, as well as eight cloud regions in Europe, are already powered entirely by renewable energy, and all Oracle Cloud regions employ cutting-edge energy management and cooling technologies to reduce their environmental impact.