Oracle has released its Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) AI services, a set of services that would make it easier for developers to incorporate AI into their applications without the need for data science knowledge. Developers may choose between using out-of-the-box models that have been pre-trained on business-oriented data or custom training the services using their own data using the new OCI AI services.
AI is now required by businesses to speed innovation, analyze business circumstances, and provide innovative consumer experiences, stated Oracle. However, businesses would usually face implementation challenges ranging from a lack of data science knowledge to difficulty training models on relevant business data, as well as getting their platform to perform in a live setting and breaking down data silos. According to Oracle, as a result, businesses waste time and resources when they need AI that is consistent, responsive, and capable of delivering actionable outcomes in their business applications and operational settings.
The six new AI services released by Oracle assist developers with a variety of difficult tasks, including language to computer vision, and time-series forecasting.
“It’s essential for organizations to bridge the gap between the promise of AI and implementing AI that helps them achieve real results,” said Greg Pavlik, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Oracle Cloud Platform. “Oracle is best positioned to realize the value of AI through our industry-leading expertise in enterprise applications and enterprise data, our next-generation cloud infrastructure, and our deep commitment to building AI services and solutions.”
Oracle’s AI services are pre-trained to deliver instant benefit for companies across a broad variety of use cases, based on Oracle’s experience as a top business applications provider with a comprehensive array of cloud applications. The following are the new fully managed AI services delivered by Oracle:
- OCI Language – To analyze unstructured language in documents, customer feedback conversations, support requests, and social media, does text analysis at scale. OCI Language reduces the requirement for machine learning knowledge by providing built-in pre-trained models that let developers to include sentiment analysis, key extraction, text categorization, named entity identification, and more into their applications.
- OCI Speech – For real-time voice recognition, it uses pre-built models that have been trained on thousands of native and non-native language speakers. OCI voice makes it simple for developers to transform file-based audio data containing human speech into extremely accurate text transcriptions. It can also be used to deliver in-workflow closed captions, index content, and improve audio and video content analytics.
- OCI Vision – For image identification and document analysis applications, it provides pre-trained computer vision models. Users may also utilize their own data to expand the models to various industry and customer-specific use cases including scene monitoring, defect detection, and document processing. OCI Vision may be used to identify visual irregularities in manufacturing, automate business procedures by extracting text from forms, and count products or shipments by tagging things in photos.
- OCI Anomaly Detection – Delivers business-specific anomaly detection models that discover key deviations early, allowing for quicker resolution and reduced downtime. Developers may simply incorporate anomaly detection models into business applications using OCI Anomaly Detection’s REST APIs and SDKs for numerous programming languages. It is based on the proprietary MSET2 algorithm, which is utilized in extremely sensitive scenarios such as nuclear reactor health monitoring across the world, and may be used for fraud detection, equipment breakdown prediction, and data collection from many devices to forecast failures.
- OCI Forecasting – Machine learning and statistical algorithms are used to provide time-series forecasts without the requirement for data science skills. OCI Forecasting enables developers to easily provide reliable projections for key business variables like as product demand, revenue, and resource requirements. All of these estimates provide confidence intervals and explainability to aid developers in making the best business decisions possible.
- OCI Data Labeling – Users can use this tool to create labeled datasets that can be used to train AI models. Through user interfaces and public APIs, users may assemble data, generate and explore datasets, and apply labels to data entries. For a consistent model-building experience, the labeled data sets may be exported and utilized for model development across all of Oracle’s AI and data science services, including OCI Vision and OCI Data Science.
Oracle AI is a set of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science products that includes Oracle Digital Assistant, as well as OCI Data Science and Oracle Database Machine Learning, which are used for constructing, maintaining, and deploying machine learning models. Oracle AI is used by companies all around the globe to help automate processes, generate innovation, and make smarter decisions securely.
NVIDIA is a pioneer of accelerated computing and AI. “By delivering high-performance GPUs to customers in a fully managed fashion for notebook sessions, jobs, and model deployments, Oracle AI Services and NVIDIA are delivering the benefits and experience that customers have been looking for,” said Ian Buck, senior vice president and general manager of accelerated computing at NVIDIA. “The combination of OCI AI Services and OCI Data Science with NVIDIA RAPIDS allows data scientists and developers to accelerate end-to-end machine learning and data science pipelines on NVIDIA GPUs much faster than they would be able to on CPUs.”
Bosch Service Solutions is a global supplier of Business Process Outsourcing for complex business processes and services. “As a provider of contact center services, Bosch Service Solutions combines the OCI AI Services of Digital Assistant and Speech to allow our customers to have a natural conversation with BETO, the Bosch chatbot,” said Kiria Fernandes, head of operations at Bosch Service Solutions Brasil. “With OCI AI Services, our customers can communicate with us in Portuguese using voice commands to drive desired actions and outcomes, enriching the user experience with conversational AI, simplifying interactions and improving productivity.”