At Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco, Oracle has unveiled its fastest and most scalable server system. The SPARC M6-32, with up to 32 terabytes of memory and up to 384 processor cores can run entire applications and databases in-memory to deliver unprecedented performance.
Combined with Oracle’s engineered system, SuperCluster M6-32, the new architecture – based on new 3.6 GHz, 12-core SPARC M6 processors – would deliver high-end performance and availability with the price/performance of entry level servers. Oracle SuperCluster M6-32 is Oracle’s fastest and most scalable engineered system and integrates SPARC M6-32 servers with Exadata Storage Servers optimized for Oracle Database performance.
Oracle SPARC M6-32 advantages:
- The massive memory of the SPARC M6-32 combined with its comprehensive, zero-overhead, no-cost virtualization capabilities, make it an ideal consolidation platform for mission-critical workloads.
- It can run entire business applications and databases in memory with fast database performance when using in-memory computing.
- The SPARC M6-32 server supports electrically isolated Dynamic Domains which provide complete security, service, fault and resource isolation for maintaining maximum availability and isolation of consolidated workloads.
- Additionally, Oracle VM Server for SPARC allows the creation of up to 128 virtual machines per Dynamic Domain, further virtualizing the massive memory and I/O resources of the SPARC M6-32 server.
- Oracle Solaris Zones allows for additional finer-grained allocation and isolation of resources, providing yet more virtualization flexibility and efficiency.
Performance Oracle SuperCluster M6-32:
- 10-20x faster performance on business critical applications such as financial close, cost management, projections and planning with Oracle In-Memory Applications to help change business dynamics and enable customers to discover new growth opportunities, make smarter decisions, and accelerate workloads.
- 10x faster database queries and reporting.
- 10x database compression.
- 5x faster time to market and 3x lower administration and maintenance time compared to do-it-yourself approaches.
- Highest availability with no single point of failure and the highest consolidation ratios of any Oracle server.