Global cloud hosting provider OVHcloud has released two new ranges of powerful bare metal servers. Designed in partnership with leading hardware manufacturers, OVHcloud ‘Scale’ and ‘High-Grade’ bare metal servers would offer a cost-effective hosting solution with the ability to quickly automate and scale resource allocation to meet the demands of complex and resource-intensive tasks.
“These are powerful, flexible, and highly configurable servers. What differentiates them is, unlike a typical bare metal server where the configuration is locked-in at delivery, these machines will be scalable from the OVHcloud Control Panel,” said Jeffrey Gregor, General Manager, OVHcloud US. “Customers will have the capability to add and change hard drives, add more RAM, or change the configuration without the fear of data being wiped away in the process. They can manage their investment by adding resources as their data grows or remove resources if necessary.”
OVHcloud Bare Metal servers provide fully dedicated performance in a secured, single-tenant environment, with direct access to physical resources. Because resources are not being shared, no hypervisor layer is needed, allowing more of the server’s processing power to be allocated to the application.
Examples of resource-intensive tasks at which these bare metal servers are aimed include:
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AI & ML)
- Software Defined Storage (SDS)
- Cloud Gaming platforms
OVHcloud ‘Scale’ and ‘High-Grade’ bare metal servers would be a good fit for businesses that need to accelerate their journey to the cloud without refactoring and without reengineering their entire infrastructure. These servers would be accessible in as little as 120 seconds for standard configurations, and come equipped with:
- Powerful AMD Epyc and Intel Xeon Gold CPUs with up to 64 cores and 128 threads
- Storage capacities with up to 24 3.84TB NVMe drives that are incredibly fast and run at many times the speed of traditional SSDs to store and retrieve data quickly
- Up to 2TBs of RAM for accessing and transferring large amounts of data without degradation of performance
“Security is a top concern in big data analytics,” said Pascal Jaillon, Senior Vice President, Product and Digital Accounts, OVHcloud US. “Our Scale and High-Grade ranges of Bare Metal servers directly address this pain point for IT professionals with strong security standards and certifications. By utilizing OVHcloud’s private network, vRack, customers can privatize the connection of their data-heavy systems protecting them from the outside world.”