The newly launched managed Kubernetes Service from OVHcloud US, part of one of the world’s largest cloud providers, is now available. Kubernetes, in combination with OVHcloud’s public cloud service, would provide an ideal platform for developing and running scalable cloud-native applications that require on-demand compute and storage resources.
In addition to managing the underlying hardware, OVHcloud administers the Kubernetes software stack as a managed service, keeping it up-to-date with essential bug and security fixes. OVHcloud’s Managed Kubernetes Service also has load-balancing and auto-scaling features, allowing developers to start small with entry-level instances and then scale up to more powerful instances once they’re ready for larger-scale production.
“The ability to deploy, manage, and scale consistent and secure-by-default Kubernetes instances on demand defines what it means to be cloud-native,” said Jeffrey Gregor, General Manager, OVHcloud US. “The power of our managed Kubernetes in our Public Cloud environment allows teams to iterate faster, automate more aggressively, and exploit modern application-lifecycle paradigms. With an overwhelming amount of production applications expected to be cloud native within the next 18-24 months, this solution addresses the major challenges developers face in delivering superior software quickly.”
Key features of OVHcloud’s Free Managed Kubernetes Service
Kubernetes, when used in conjunction with OVHcloud’s Public Cloud on-demand resources and pay-as-you-go consumption model, gives you access to a number of useful capabilities, including:
- CNCF-certified managed Kubernetes offer – OVHcloud hosts and maintains all of the components required for Kubernetes to function.
- Load Balancer and Pod Autoscaling – In minutes, you can have a Kubernetes service and worker nodes up and running. Using the OVHcloud Load Balancer, efficiently spread traffic over several nodes.
- Persistent Volumes – Add persistent volumes to worker nodes to ensure application data persistence.
- Simple, Easy-to-use Interface – Configure, add and delete nodes via the OVHcloud Control Panel.
- Role-based Access Control – Deploy services with specific levels of access.
- Multiple Versions and Upgrades – When building a cluster, you can use any of the three (3) most recent stable versions of Kubernetes.
- Integration with OVHcloud’s vRack – The ability to make cluster(s) services available to the public or through the OVHcloud private network.
OVHcloud US is a subsidiary of OVHcloud, a global cloud provider with more than 400,000 dedicated servers under management in over 30 data centers across 4 continents. OVHcloud is preparing for an initial public offering (IPO) on Euronext Paris with a goal of accelerating its growth. OVHcloud US delivers bare metal servers, hosted private cloud, and hybrid and public cloud solutions.