Network firewall provider Palo Alto Networks (NASDAQ: PANW) has launched its Palo Alto Networks Cloud NGFW for AWS solution, a managed Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) service designed to simplify securing AWS deployments. It would allow organizations to accelerate their pace of innovation while remaining highly secure.
Palo Alto Networks’ security is brought to enterprises’ cloud installations in just a few clicks with Cloud NGFW for AWS, which is only offered on AWS. Recognizing that clients would rather spend their time and resources building applications and running their businesses than managing cloud network security infrastructure, Palo Alto Networks’ Cloud NGFW for AWS shifts operational responsibility, including deployment, maintenance, availability, and scale, to them.
“A key reason that companies have embraced the cloud is that they want to concentrate on their core competencies and leave other tasks like infrastructure and underlying services to experts like AWS. The native AWS experience and the proliferation of AWS native services have given these organizations the tools they needed to embrace the cloud,” said Anand Oswal, senior vice president, Network Security at Palo Alto Networks. “Now, as cyberattacks continue to grow in frequency and sophistication, organizations are looking for network security that is as easy to deploy as other native AWS services. We are thrilled to team with AWS to combine the top-notch security we are known for with the world-class experience people have come to expect from AWS.”
Palo Alto Networks Cloud NGFW is the first and only NGFW to interface with AWS Firewall Manager. It is meant to combine the protection that Palo Alto Networks offers with the ease that enterprises would be searching for.
- Advanced URL Filtering allows apps to safely connect to genuine web-based services while using deep learning to assist block zero-day online attacks in real time
- Threat Prevention aids in the detection and prevention of known vulnerability exploits, malware, and command-and-control communication
- App-ID would decrease the likelihood of an attack by restricting traffic based on proprietary Layer 7 traffic categorization
Cloud Native Ease of Use
- Easy to deploy – Cloud NGFW may be purchased through the AWS Marketplace, then rapidly set up and linked with AWS services, allowing for additional network protection in minutes with only a few clicks.
- No infrastructure to manage – Organizations don’t have to worry about deploying, upgrading, or managing infrastructure since Cloud NGFW is a managed cloud service. Cloud NGFW for AWS makes use of the AWS Gateway Load Balancer to provide high availability and elastic scalability on demand to meet fluctuating throughput requirements.
- Native AWS experience – Cloud NGFW for AWS, which is integrated with AWS Firewall Manager, would enable for even easier and consistent firewall policy management across different AWS accounts and virtual private clouds (VPCs).
- Automation – End-to-end workflows may be automated thanks to support for APIs, CloudFormation, and Terraform templates.
“We’ve heard from customers that security and simplicity are two of the top reasons they choose AWS,” said Stephen Orban, Vice President, AWS Marketplace and Control Services at AWS. “Over the last year, we’ve worked closely with Palo Alto Networks to jointly develop a best-in-class cloud-native network security solution that helps customers speed their pace of innovation.”