Panda Security, the cloud security vendor, has announced version 7.1 of Panda Cloud Office Protection (PCOP), Panda Security‘s cross-platform solution that would offer cloud-based protection rapidly, easily and efficiently. This version includes improvements aimed at meeting the requirements of medium-sized and large customers who need greater control.
In addition to the cloud security features included in the previous Panda Cloud Office Protection version, such as the ability for the user to act independently in the event of infections or problems detected, version 7.1 incorporates various technological and functional innovations compared to the previous version of the solution, with special emphasis on giving the user greater control and management.
These new features in Panda Cloud Office Protection include:
- Content filtering for the Exchange protection – which allows emails to be filtered by the extension of the attachment, neutralizing dangerous attachments or attachments with a multiple file extension.
- Whitelists included in device control – this feature allows different exclusions to be applied to different groups of computers selected by profile. In addition, whitelisted devices can be used without any restrictions, regardless of the settings.
- Mobile device control – this option allows the user to block access to mobile devices.
- New local console on the endpoint – this console provides PCOP administrators and partners with a tool to enable or disable the endpoint protection in a rapid and timely manner, without having to use the PCOP Web console.
- Ability to upgrade to new versions from the PCOP Web console – notifications will appear in the console to indicate that a new version is available.
“With Panda Cloud Office Protection 7.1 we want to foster independence of the network administrator, easing management of the solution, including white lists and offering reports that help give the user greater control,” said Roberto Fernandez, Product Manager, Panda Security. “The goal of this new version is to offer PCOP administrators and our partners a tool that allows them to quickly secure their corporate environments.”
Founded in 1990, Panda Security is one of the world’s leading providers of cloud-based security solutions, with products available in more than 14 languages and millions of users located in 195 countries around the world. Panda Security has 80 offices throughout the globe with U.S. headquarters in Florida and European headquarters in Spain.