Global data center and networking optimization firm, Park Place Technologies, has unveiled a new iteration of its on-prem enterprise network monitoring solution, Entuity v20.0. The latest version includes out-of-the-box storage performance monitoring, user-defined polling through REST APIs for improved infrastructure and application observability, user extendable alerts via webhooks, a simplified user interface, and firmware update support.
The acquisition of Entuity by Park Place Technologies in 2019 added a key component to Park Place’s multi-vendor service delivery model, allowing customers to get monitoring, automated maintenance, Network Operations Center (NOC) services, event management, probable cause, and IT Data Analytics all in one place.
Entuity v20.0 would improve on these features by adding the following:
- Configuration monitoring and management enhancements – More detailed visibility into individual configuration changes and policy breaches over time is provided via improved dashboards, filters, and reporting options, as well as a simplified configuration management experience.
- Added functionality for managing firmware updates – Under the new ‘Firmware’ tab in Configurations, users may update firmware images across Cisco IOS network devices and manage a directory of IOS images on the current server.
- New storage performance metrics – Storage device performance monitoring will be added to the existing Entuity storage inventory and status polling. Storage Summary, Storage Device Summary, Hardware (HW) Storage Pool Summary, HW Volume Summary, HW logical unit number (LUN) Summary, and an upgraded HW Physical Disk Summary are among the new system dashboards used to monitor storage performance.
- Custom webhooks – Webhook rules allow you to add webhooks from any device vendor, application, or service and convert them into custom events.
- Enhanced user-defined REST API Poller – Entuity customers may now add support for network devices, software defined platforms, and apps that deliver data via REST APIs using a new user-defined REST API poller. User-defined attributes may be supplied using REST API requests, and each attribute maintains historical stream data automatically.
- Remote poller connectivity enhancements – Users may now utilize regular HTTPS to establish an upstream connection from a polling server to the consolidation server. Entuity Version 20 remote poller connection advancements and usability improvements are addressed by an updated UI for multi-server setup.
“Support for network devices, software-defined platforms, and applications that provide data via REST APIs will make a big difference for new and upgraded Entuity v20.0 customers,” said David Cramer, President of Software, Managed and Professional Services, Park Place Technologies. “We are enabling customers to build their own API monitoring devices that can pull whatever data they need from virtually any device, platform, application, or website into custom dashboards and reporting templates that will help streamline similar processes in the future.”
Entuity Version 20 was mostly developed in response to user feature requests. Existing Entuity customers can update to the current version if they like, while new network monitoring customers will be automatically onboarded to Entuity Version 20.
“Another key piece of Entuity is that it’s on-prem, which makes us a preferred choice for more regulated industries or companies that want to control the environment where Entuity is running,” added Mr. Cramer. “These include government, banking, financial services, higher education, and procurement. By early next year, we plan to add a SaaS version of Entuity to our portfolio to capture the customers who prefer a cloud-based network monitoring solution.”
Executive Summary | Save 2 min
Global data center and networking optimization firm, Park Place Technologies, has unveiled a new iteration of its on-prem enterprise network monitoring solution, Entuity v20.0. The latest version includes out-of-the-box storage performance monitoring, user-defined polling through REST APIs, user extendable alerts via webhooks, simplified user interface, and firmware update support.
New storage performance metrics
- Storage device performance monitoring will be added to the existing Entuity storage inventory and status polling
Entuity Version 20 was mostly developed in response to user feature requests.
- New features include: custom webhooks, enhanced user-defined REST API poller, remote poller connectivity enhancements, and an updated UI for multi-server setup.
- The new version of Entuity is on-prem, making it a preferred choice for more regulated industries that want to control the environment.