Information We Collect
Visitors browsing HostingJournalist.com do so anonymously. We do not automatically track and collect personal information when you visit our web pages. We do use third-party analytics services such as Google Analytics to track visitor behavior on our site but this is only meant for website optimization purposes so we cannot identify you individually. Non-identifiable information is gathered automatically when you visit the website hosted by us. It is stored for use in our systems. Identifiable personal information will be collected only when you voluntarily provide us with sensitive personal data if relevant to a service we deliver; sign a contract for service with us; when you use our website for a business transaction or subscription service, for example when you choose to share data when registering for an account, subscribe to newsletters and emails; or when we would ask you to fill in a customer questionnaire.
On some of our pages, we use web forms where we ask you to voluntarily fill-in some personal information. This personal information is restricted to name, company, email address, and telephone number. This information can be used to establish a business relationship and send you the requested offerings such as an executive interview or article contribution opportunities, advertising proposals, and/or email newsletters. The information asked for is not being shared with third-party entities. Only core members of the HostingJournalist.com team have access to this information.
Where you are utilizing our online payment facility, we may store (via ourselves or an appointed payment processor) your credit and debit card details on a secured encrypted basis.
If you choose to communicate with us (for example, through our website(s), email, telephone, or social media) we may record the fact that you have contacted us, the content of your and our communication, your contact details, and other unique identifiers including IP address and display name.
It is important that all the personal data you give us when you register as a user or otherwise when you use HostingJournalist.com is correct and accurate. This includes, by way of example only, ensuring that we have your correct contact details including email at all times.
Third Party Tools and Links
BRDR Media is using third-party tools for HostingJournalist.com, such as MailChimp for email newsletters and storage of email addresses as well as plugins for a proper functioning of the website(s). We have verified the security measures of these tools. We also provide (news) links to third party websites on our site. We do not share personal information with these websites and we’re not responsible for their privacy practices.
BRDR Media is not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from HostingJournalist.com nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of HostingJournalist.com.
User Generated Content, Social Media
HostingJournalist.com allows users to submit their own content. Please remember that any content submitted to HostingJournalist.com can be viewed by the public, and you should be cautious about providing certain personal information e.g. financial information or address details via HostingJournalist.com. We are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal data on one of our social media platforms, e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Please also read the respective privacy & cookie policies of the social media platforms you are using.
- Functional cookies – such cookies enable visitors to remember your preferences when visiting our website.
- Analytical cookies – such cookies enable us to analyze website traffic and behavior through for example Google Analytics. As the IP addresses being tracked are tracked anonymously, we can’t detect any personal information.
- Affiliate cookies – such cookies contain information able to jointly identify your IP address and our affiliate partnership with third party affiliate merchants, which may result in us getting paid for you buying products and/or services on third-party websites when using a link to these third party entities through our website.
As a visitor to our website, you’re able to choose whether or not to allow cookies by changing the settings of your browser. So in case you wish to block third-party cookies or maybe even all types of cookies being used on our site, you’re able to arrange this in your browser settings.
BRDR Media safeguards personal data being sent to us – through the HostingJournalist.com website or directly – with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. For website protection, we use a variety of solutions on several levels including server, control panel, and website. This includes the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protection on HostingJournalist.com to ensure you have a safe browsing, user and client experience on our website (s) and apps.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to HostingJournalist.com. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features in relation to that data.
To provide our business relations with the latest news and information about HostingJournalist.com; the international business of cloud, hosting and data center services providers; and/or products/services we represent, we distribute email newsletters periodically. We keep the number of email newsletters restricted to a minimum (biweekly), but in case that business relations don’t want to receive our newsletters anymore, they’re able to easily opt-out from our newsletters. They will never get an email newsletter from us again then unless they decide to opt-in again.
Storage of Data
The personal data we ask for on HostingJournalist.com is being used for 1-on-1 business relationship purposes only and is not being transferred to third-party entities. While we keep the data being asked for to a minimum, we only use this information to establish or maintain a business relationship. Website data and backups are being stored on our systems just as long as necessary for the functioning of the website and applications.
Transfer of Data
We are using a hosting provider for HostingJournalist.com with international data center presence. This means that data can be transferred to and stored in servers and facilities located in your region or another country (cross-border). The same accounts for backups of our website and data being stored. We do take all steps necessary to ensure that data on all levels is being protected wherever it is located.
Data is stored in our systems is not being shared with third-party entities. We may be required though by law in specific circumstances to disclose any personal information – to protect public safety.
How We Use Your Personal Data
In general terms, we use personal data to provide you with: the services you request; process payment; provide customer services; deliver our content and ads which we think may be of interest to you; for customer research; to send you marketing and promotional emails; and to notify you about important changes to HostingJournalist.com.
HostingJournalist.com also uses your personal data for the following purposes. To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract. This is relevant where you request a service via HostingJournalist.com. This may include:
- Sending you information about your requested services (such as appointment reminders) by email and push notification.
- Facilitating your services delivered via HostingJournalist.com and taking payments.
- Responding to your questions and concerns.
- Administering your account.
To conduct our business and pursue legitimate interests for HostingJournalist.com, including:
- To keep HostingJournalist.com and systems secure and to prevent fraud, security incidents and other crime.
- To verify compliance with our terms and conditions and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- To notify you about new HostingJournalist.com services and special offers we think you will find valuable, for example via email and displaying advertising on third party websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook.
- To investigate and respond to any questions or complaints received from you or from others, about HostingJournalist.com or our services.
- To conduct internal research and analysis so that we can see how HostingJournalist.com and its services are being used and how our business is performing.
- To conduct consumer surveys and market research.
- To notify you about new HostingJournalist.com services and special offers we think you will find valuable, for example via email and displaying advertising on third party websites.
- To send you information about competitions and surveys and details of promotional offers of our partners and about other selected third parties’ goods or services.
- To pass your personal information to our partners and other selected third parties, to enable them to send you information about their goods and services on their own behalf.
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
We treat the security and method of processing your personal data very seriously, and we will never sell your personal data under any circumstances.
However, we may disclose your personal data to selected third parties, including in the following situations:
- If you place an order or otherwise engage with HostingJournalist.com through a website or app powered on behalf of a third party, then your contact details and details of your order will be passed on to the relevant third party. If you give a third party the relevant consents, they may also send you marketing communications.
- To third party service providers that perform functions on our behalf in relation to HostingJournalist.com or otherwise in connection with the running of our business, and for the provision of HostingJournalist.com’s services (for example, processing credit card payments, website hosting, conducting surveys and market research, providing social media analysis, providing marketing email services, data analysis tools and to manage customer services communications including emails and telephone calls).
- To our partners whose services you are using whether via our website or apps, where we act as a broker, or directly with the partner, where we act solely as a technology provider. Your information is shared with Partners in order that:
- the services delivered can be facilitated and, if necessary, contact cabn be made.
- if you have opted in to receiving marketing emails from partners, these emails can be sent to you containing news and special offers.
- they can improve the services they offer to their customers and business operations by providing statistical data regarding customers, both on an aggregated basis and on an individual level.
- To third party brands with which we collaborate on products, services, competitions and campaigns.
- To third party software providers used by our partners to ensure that those third-party software solutions can connect each display in real-time ensuring availability to customers.
- To other third parties, for the purpose of facilitating our business and improving our products, content, services or advertising including, by way of example only, or sending email communications.
- If we buy, sell or transfer any business or assets or if go into insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership. If this should happen, we may need to disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets, as appropriate.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To government authorities, and to other third parties as required or permitted by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders. We also may disclose HostingJournalist.com user data when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of HostingJournalist.com, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
Please note that by posting any personal data in any publicly accessible area of HostingJournalist.com, such information may be collected by third parties over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the use of such information by such third parties.
Please therefore exercise all due care and consideration before disclosing any personal data that will be disclosed on public areas. You should also avoid disclosing on public areas any personal data that may be used to identify you (such as your name, home or work address, age, or name of your employer).
Access to Data
In case you want to know if we have any of your personal data being stored in our systems, we will be able to provide you with answers to the following questions: Do we have any of this data? Which data do we have exactly? What purpose does it have? You may at all times ask us to delete any personal data as well. For questions about any data being stored in our systems, or for data deletion requests, please send an email to [email protected]
We do not receive or store any payment details in our systems. For payment processing, we use third party payment processing services. We have verified the security measures of the third-party services being provided.
Payment Processing: Stripe
Please note that all transactions carried out through PayPal are subject to the PayPal Statement which can be found here: www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full. Please ensure that you are completely happy with the terms of the PayPal Privacy Statement if you wish to use PayPal to complete any transactions through HostingJournalist.com.
Chamber of Commerce: 57780234
VAT number: NL001401711B09
7201 AD Zutphen
Last update: 8 June 2020