Global cloud provider Rackspace is broadening its existing Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) for on-premises, colocation and multi-cloud environments. By leveraging Zerto’s industry-leading disaster recovery (DR) software, Rackspace will provide managed services for all aspects of disaster recovery planning, testing and management with custom recovery service level agreements (SLAs).
The new Rackspace DRaaS for Zerto provides a fully-managed disaster recovery solution for organizations that want to replace or extend traditional DR environments and those that want to move away from managing DR themselves. Rackspace’s DRaaS solution is designed to simplify and automate the recovery process, while providing “a flexible, cost-effective” alternative to in-house or secondary site DR solutions without additional capital investments.
The addition of Zerto’s DR solution fits Rackspace’s strategy to deliver unbiased IT as a service solutions and expertise to its customers. “We are filling a major void in the DRaaS market,” said Henry Tran, vice president and general manager of Managed Hosting and Colocation at Rackspace. “Most IT organizations recognize the need for effective DR solutions to minimize downtime, maintain compliance and preserve their brand reputation, but very few have the extra time or resources to manage and audit the process to the highest standards. Rackspace is in a unique position to be the only DRaaS provider that can both remove the burden of end-to-end disaster recovery management and help customers plan for multi-cloud data center transformation activities beyond business continuity and compliance.”
Rackspace DRaaS for Zerto includes key features such as:
- Support for On-premises, Multi-Cloud and Colocation Workloads – Leverages the Zerto IT Resilience Platform to easily replicate production applications to the cloud and professional services to design and execute disaster recovery plans.
- Service Level Agreements (SLA) – Provides guarantees for recovery time objectives (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO) based on established procedures for every environment.
- Automated Recovery and Continuous Backup – Delivers continuous backup and automated recovery to ensure data is safe and can be recovered quickly and painlessly.
- Advanced Customization and Scalability – Provides flexibility to choose RTO, RPO and testing procedures that meet customers’ unique business needs.
- Enhanced Security and Compliance – Rackspace data centers would exceed compliance standards for GDPR, PCI DSS, FISMA, FedRAMP, HITRUST CSF, ISO, SOC 1/2/3 and more with “enterprise-grade” security across 30+ global data centers.
“As we encourage organizations to rethink how they are doing disaster recovery and backup, partnering with Rackspace – who has proven experience in this space – was a natural fit,” said Ed Carter, chief revenue officer of Zerto. “Dedication to providing the highest quality experience and support is a focus for both companies, therefore combining our technology to the benefit of customers is exceptionally valuable. We’re excited to work with Rackspace to deliver a flexible, resilient DRaaS solution that meets the evolving needs of IT organizations, and we look forward to ongoing collaboration.”