Cloud hosting company Rackspace has announced the global release of its Rackspace Private Cloud offering powered by OpenStack. The API-driven OpenStack infrastructure is designed to run enterprise production workloads. The offering includes DevOps automation services for application lifecycle management.
“Rackspace Private Cloud was designed to deliver stable API-driven OpenStack infrastructure so that our customers can focus on the development of business-critical, revenue-generating applications,” said Darrin Hanson, vice president, Rackspace Private Cloud. “Rackspace’s expertise in operating OpenStack clouds allows our customers to take advantage of a private cloud without investing in in-house operational expertise.”
Key benefits of the OpenStack Icehouse powered private cloud offering would include:
- Enterprise scalability – Rackspace Private Cloud is designed to scale enterprise production workloads. It includes a 99.99 percent OpenStack API uptime guarantee, designed to scale to hundreds of nodes and deliver high availability with consistent performance. It deploys OpenStack services using Linux containers, which allows customers to independently scale each service and provides the ability to perform seamless, in-place upgrades from one release to another.
- Application-Level Automation – Unlocking the full power of a cloud requires automation. Rackspace DevOps Automation Services help customers automate their process for deploying and scaling applications by treating their infrastructure as code. In addition, Rackspace Private Cloud supports OpenStack Orchestration (Heat), which helps customers automate the provisioning of infrastructure, services and applications.
- Expertise – Rackspace Private Cloud is built and operated by the company who co-founded OpenStack, is a top contributor to OpenStack and now runs one of the world’s largest OpenStack-powered clouds.
- Hybrid – Customers have the ability to burst into the public cloud by using RackConnect to securely connect the customer’s Rackspace Private Cloud with the Rackspace Public Cloud.
- Deploy Anywhere – Flexible solution that offers customers the ability to deploy anywhere in nine Rackspace data centers around the globe, in their data center, or in both locations.
The new release of Rackspace Private Cloud is immediately available in the U.S. and will roll out in Rackspace international data centers in early October 2014.