VMware has chosen managed hosting provider Rackspace Technology as a key deployment partner for its Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) platform. In order to deploy VMware SASE, a solution that combines cloud networking, cloud security, and edge compute services, VMware will leverage the Rackspace Technology ‘Data Center in a Box’ solution.
With another five data centers scheduled for future phases, VMware SASE will initially be implemented in 15 of the Rackspace Technology global partner data centers. Mexico City and Miami are among the 20 data center locations in North America. Other locations are in South America (Bogota, Buenos Aires, So Paulo), Europe (Amsterdam, Warsaw), Asia Pacific (Auckland, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Osaka, Seoul, and Tokyo), the Middle East (Dubai, Mumbai, and Tel-Aviv), and Africa (Johannesburg).
“We are thrilled that VMware has selected Rackspace Technology to roll out the next phase of its SASE platform,” said PV SubbaRao, Vice President of Enterprise at Rackspace Technology. “SASE is defining a new era in cloud network security. Our already long-standing partnership with VMware just emphasizes the expertise we are able to deliver simultaneously to help companies securely leverage the benefits of the cloud, including Edge.”
Rackspace Data Center in a Box
In order to deliver a solution that combines colocation, hardware, bandwidth, and support for global alignment, Rackspace Technology’s ‘Data Center in a Box’ solution for VMware brings together other industry leaders, such as Dell Technologies, Digital Reality, Datacenter220, AMX Claro, Web Werks, Iron Mountain, Equinix, and ZenLayer.
The Rackspace Technology Data Center in a Box features include:
- A managed solution that combines computation, hardware, bandwidth, supply chain logistics, international tax entities, and support for worldwide alignment with colocation infrastructure
- For servicing and break-fix, turnkey deployment, warranties, and project-managed delivery are available
- Connectivity with any strategic global data center partner of Rackspace Technology
- Increase productivity while lowering administrative costs by sourcing the whole solution through a single contractual vehicle
- Utilize the strong supply chain of Rackspace Technology to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and ensure the highest quality of OEM support with our OpEx Pricing Model
The VMware SASE solution would bring together:
- Advantages of SD-WAN for network performance
- Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) and Cloud Web Security (CWS), integrated security services provided from the cloud
- The capacity to support contemporary distributed applications, all of which will gain from artificial intelligence for IT operations, or AIOps, to solve issues more quickly
“A key differentiator for VMware SASE is its global availability, enabled by an expanding network of points of presences (PoPs) operated by both VMware and our partners,” said Craig Connors, Vice President and General Manager, VMware’s SASE business. “Rackspace Technology brings to the table the agility to design a managed service we could duplicate across data centers globally. Partnerships are key to delivering cloud solutions for the industry’s success and evolution and we are proud to collaborate with Rackspace Technology in this endeavor.”
VMware Managed Service Provider
This is not the first time VMware and Rackspace Technology have worked together to provide customers with solutions. One of the earliest VMware managed service providers, Rackspace Technology, introduced a managed VMware Cloud on AWS. Managed hosting provider Rackspace Technology has worked with VMware for the past 20 years to provide customers with solutions that are unique in their industries.
A remarkably extensive and wide end-to-end range of managed services for VMware is now offered by Rackspace Technology. From assisting clients in utilizing the potent capabilities of VMware through its “cutting-edge” DevOps-as-a-Service for VMware, known as ‘Rackspace Elastic Engineering,’ to deliver managed VMware Cloud-based environments with the advantages of public cloud, to its solutions that deliver and manage VMware environments anywhere, including across key hyperscalers.