Launching the Rackspace Managed Cloud (RMC), Rackspace TechnRMCology, a pioneer in hybrid multicloud technology solutions internationally, claims to be redefining cloud management. This new technology, which encompasses AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Rackspace Private Cloud, and on-premises infrastructures, would completely transform how businesses manage their cloud setups.
The introduction of Rackspace Managed Cloud would coincide with a pivotal moment in the fast-changing cloud environment. According to Rackspace, businesses are finding it more difficult to effectively manage multicloud and hybrid cloud setups. These challenges include coordinating a plethora of cloud-specific tools, APIs, standards, security protocols, and continuous service management in addition to handling diverse architectural patterns across several platforms. RMC would offer a complete cloud management and operations outsourcing solution in an effort to streamline this complex environment.
“RMC merges the benefits of consistent cloud operations with cutting-edge engineering, boosting performance, fortifying security, and enhancing end-customer experiences,” said Mike Lindbert, Senior Director of Public Cloud Product at Rackspace Technology. “This empowers businesses to adapt swiftly to changing demands while maintaining control over operational and infrastructure costs in the cloud economy.”
AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Private Cloud, On-Premises
The service would mark a significant extension of Rackspace Technology’s existing portfolio, offering a holistic approach to cloud management. It aligns with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards while incorporating modern operational practices like Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and DevOps.
Key Differentiators of RMC would include the following:
- Support for diverse environments, including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Rackspace Private Cloud, and on-premises data centers
- Powered by the Rackspace Cloud Management Platform, it facilitates the complete lifecycle management of cloud components like compute, storage, data, and applications
- A service delivery model that integrates ITIL-compliant processes with transformational DevOps work
- Decades of experience in managed services
- Extreme automation and established processes aimed at reducing operational costs over time
Enterprise Benefits of Rackspace Managed Services would include the following:
- Cost optimization and predictability to minimize unnecessary expenses
- Enhanced performance and reliability, leading to better customer experiences
- Improved security and compliance to reduce enterprise risk
- Scalability to meet business demands
- Continuous improvement and transformation
“Managing multicloud and hybrid cloud environments can be daunting. Many enterprises find themselves in silos in public and private cloud environments, facing substantial cost challenges,” said D K Sinha, President of the Public Cloud Business Unit at Rackspace Technology. “Rackspace Managed Services for Enterprise addresses these issues by offering a comprehensive, cost-effective solution that enhances application performance.”
To sum, up, key features of RMC include:
Fully Outsourced Service Model – Enterprises can delegate the complete management of their cloud environments to Rackspace, freeing themselves from daily operational tasks.
Multicloud and Hybrid Support – The solution caters to the varied cloud infrastructure needs of modern enterprises.
ITIL-Based Operations – Rackspace employs industry-standard ITIL processes, supported by robust tools, to ensure efficient and compliant cloud operations.
DevOps Services – Rackspace offers expert DevOps services to facilitate project-based transformational work, enabling enterprises to innovate and adapt swiftly.
Single Pane of Glass – A unified management console offers a comprehensive view of all cloud resources, simplifying cloud management.