Managed cloud hosting provider Rackspace has announced new Managed Security and Compliance Assistance offerings to assist customers in addressing data security, protecting critical business processes, and mitigating risks from potential cyber-attacks and threats.
Rackspace Managed Security and Compliance Assistance lets customers leverage Rackspace security experts to help with strategic planning for best practice multi-cloud security, tactical day-to-day security monitoring and threat analysis. These services would help customers to deter, detect and respond to potential threats around the clock.
“Every day, businesses are at risk of being affected by a security threat or data breach,” said Perry Robinson, vice president and general manager of Managed Security at Rackspace. “These threats often occur without warning, can be directed at any part of the business, and come from anywhere in the world. Damage from malicious parties can range from lost revenue and recovery costs to potential liability costs and compliance-related fines.”
The Rackspace Managed Security offering is designed to detect and respond to advanced persistent threats (APTs) and other types of cyber-attacks. The offering is backed by a 24/7/365 Customer Security Operations Center (CSOC) at Rackspace. The CSOC is located at Rackspace headquarters and will open in October. The following services will be a part of the Managed Security offering:
- Host and Network Protection – Provides advanced host and network protection platforms targeted at zero-day and non-malware attacks as well as traditional compromise tactics.
- Security Analytics – Utilizes a leading Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform paired with big data analytics platforms to collect and analyze security data from the customer’s environment.
- Vulnerability Management – Rackspace utilizes scanning and agent technologies to understand the customer’s environment and uses this data to tailor Rackspace’s Customer Security Operations Center’s response to threats and attacks in the environment.
- Threat Intelligence – Rackspace consumes more than 20 threat intelligence feeds, fusing the information together with the company’s own internal data to respond to the changing threat landscape in real-time.
Rackspace Compliance Assistance is a combination of tooling and expertise to help customers achieve and maintain compliance and reporting goals for their environment. Compliance Assistance offers the following capabilities:
- Configuration Hardening and Monitoring – Assigns security configuration profiles to hosts based on accepted standards such as those from the Center for Internet Security (CIS), as well as community best practices. Rackspace detects and logs deviations from these profiles in real-time to allow for comprehensive documentation and reduced vulnerability windows.
- Patch Monitoring – Rackspace patch monitoring provides an understanding of what threats are applicable to an environment including what Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) are present in the environment.
- User Monitoring – Monitors and documents user host access, authentication level, and login times to help ensure that customers can prove compliance with access controls.
- File Integrity Management – Detects, reports, and documents changes to files on a host based on customers’ security and compliance requirements.
At launch, the offering will be in limited availability for customers globally and will be serviced out of Rackspace U.S. offices. For more information on Rackspace Managed Security and Compliance Assistance, please visit: www.rackspace.com/security.