RightScale Inc., a provider of management solutions for public cloud hosting, private, and hybrid cloud services, has announced the general availability of RightScale Cloud Analytics, its multi-cloud cost management solution that integrates with a cloud management platform to enable users to take action on insights and implement budget controls.
RightScale Cloud Analytics, first announced in beta in November 2013, is an enterprise-grade cost management solution that provides sophisticated cloud usage and cost analysis as well as forecasting and scenario planning across major public cloud hosting environments and private clouds.
“RightScale Cloud Analytics enables you to visualize, forecast, and optimize costs across your entire portfolio of public and private clouds,” said Hassan Hosseini, product manager for Cloud Analytics. “The response to Cloud Analytics has been extremely positive. In just a few months, more than 1,000 customers participated in the Cloud Analytics public beta program.”
Since the beta was launched in November 2013, several new capabilities have been added to Cloud Analytics including:
- Scheduled Reports – With Cloud Analytics, automated daily, weekly, and monthly reports can be scheduled to come straight to an email inbox, providing complete visibility into cloud computing costs on a regular basis. The reports reveal trends in cloud costs, highlighting potential issues before they significantly impact a bill.
- Enhanced Scenario Builder – Enterprises can compare different instance types and clouds as they map out future cloud usage. Scenario Builder helps them forecast the cost of moving applications to the cloud, the costs of using different cloud hosting environments, the costs associated with increased cloud usage, and the impact of buying AWS Reserved Instances (RIs).
- Budget Alerts – Cloud users, managers, and finance teams are enabled to get alerted when budgets are exceeded or when cost overruns are projected based on current spend rates.
- Identifying waste – Cloud Analytics lets a user identify zombie cloud instances; servers that got stranded during boot oftentimes unbeknownst to the user.
- Multi-account Reserved Instance visibility – AWS users can now leverage their own consolidated billing structure to analyze RI usage across accounts. This would enable AWS customers to make better decisions on RI purchases and ensure that they are using already-purchased RIs.
“Audi’s customer expects nothing less than the best luxury brand experience, therefore the Audi digital ecosystem of services, applications and products must exceed expectations at every level,” said Jeff Titus, GM, Digital Technology Solutions and Strategy, Audi of America, VW Group, Region Americas. “RightScale helps us avoid vendor lock-in with any one cloud provider, ensures that we have the very best in cloud managed services, and, with the help of RightScale Cloud Analytics, ensures that we are on the appropriate and most cost-effective cloud infrastructure at all times.”