CRM company Salesforce has announced Dreamforce 2015, its 13th annual Dreamforce event which is expected to attract more than 150,000 people to register to attend and more than 10 million to join online. At Dreamforce this year, that will take place September 15-18, 2015, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and Uber CEO Travis Kalanick will be keynote speakers and share their insights on the future of the technology industry.
“At Dreamforce this year, we’ll show you how we can help make your customers love you,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of Salesforce. “We’ll also hold the largest book drive in history, focus on women’s leadership, host an amazing benefit concert to raise money for children’s health and more. Get ready for a new kind of customer success and don’t forget to bring a book.”
Dreamforce attendees are encouraged to bring a book and participate in the world’s largest book drive – collecting more than 1,000,000 books for students K-12 in the Bay Area and beyond. For attendees or other community members that would like to donate online, they can go to donate.dfgives.org to get involved.
Dreamforce will take place September 15-18, 2015, throughout Moscone Center and eight surrounding hotels in downtown San Francisco.
Other Dreamforce 2015 event highlights include:
- Women’s Leadership Summit – Dreamforce will host its summit on women’s leadership with keynotes from some of today’s most powerful and influential women across technology, business, and more, including YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki, New York Times-bestselling author and The Honest Company Founder Jessica Alba, Oscar-winning actress Patricia Arquette, Taskrabbit CEO Leah Busque, Executive Director of Equal Rights Advocates Noreen A. Farrell, Eventbrite Co-Founder and President Julia Hartz, Stitch Fix CEO and Founder Katrina Lake, CoderDojo CEO Mary Dunphy Moloney, and Victoria’s Secret supermodel and coder Lyndsey Scott.
- Keynote on the Art & Science of Mindfulness – Author and mindfulness teacher Jack Kornfield, actress, best selling author and creator of the MindUP program Goldie Hawn, fashion icon and philanthropist Donna Karan, psychologist, world-renowned epidemiologist and Skoll Global Threats Fund Chairman Larry Brilliant, author and meditation teacher Dr. Tara Brach, Google pioneer, philanthropist and New York Times bestselling author Meng Tan, and Cisco Strategic Advisor Padmasree Warrior will speak at a special session on the art of mindfulness.
- Innovation Speakers – Leaders and luminaries across disciplines from professional sports to precision medicine, and philanthropy to the environment will take the stage to inspire attendees. Speakers include: three-time World-Series Champions San Francisco Giants CEO Larry Baer, 2015 NBA Champions Golden State Warriors President and COO Rick Welts, Breyer Capital Founder/CEO Jim Breyer, Author and Co-founder of the MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy Andrew McAfee, Stripe President and Co-Founder John Collison, Planet Labs CEO Will Marshall, marine biologist Dr. Douglas McCauley, philanthropist Wendy Schmidt, The Ocean Cleanup CEO Boyan Slat, Hampton Creek CEO Joshua Tetrick, and retail icon and zTailors Founder and CEO George Zimmer, along with bestselling authors Tom Davenport and LRN CEO Dov Seidman.
- Startup Summit – Created exclusively for startups, the Startup Summit is a special 2-day conference held in parallel with Dreamforce to engage and inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs. Keynote speakers include NastyGal Founder & Executive Chairman Sophia Amoruso, actor and philanthropist Adrian Grenier, Box CEO Aaron Levie, and Pro Football Hall of Famer Steve Young.
- More than 1,600 Breakout Sessions – Including hands-on training, success clinics and more will be led by Salesforce customers, partners, employees and developers. Attendees will have the opportunity to dive into the latest product innovations, hear best practices from experts across industries and join sessions tailored to every business size and role.
- Expanded Cloud Expos – The Dreamforce Cloud Expos will showcase the industry’s largest cloud ecosystem, featuring more than 400 partners demonstrating thousands of live solutions, including many of today’s most cutting-edge enterprise technologies. The Customer Success Showcase will highlight how six marquee customers are modernizing customer engagement in their industries, and the Product Showcase will illustrate how customers are using Salesforce to connect with customers in entirely new ways.
- Developer Programming – More than 25,000 attendees are expected to converge in the Dreamforce Dev Zone, which will feature more than 200 developer-focused breakout sessions, and a developer keynote.
- Dreamfest – The Salesforce Foundation will be presenting the sixth annual Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals with a music festival at Pier 70. This event is expected to raise $10 million for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals and will feature special performances by Foo Fighters, The Killers and Gary Clark Jr.
- Dreamboat – The Dreamboat, the modern luxury Celebrity Infinity cruise ship, provides a new, upscale housing option for 1,100 Dreamforce attendees when hotel space is at a premium in San Francisco. Celebrity Infinity is operated by premium cruise brand Celebrity Cruises.