SAP has announced the release of its SAP Cloud for Analytics solution, a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering that aims to bring all analytics capabilities into one solution. Built natively on SAP HANA Cloud, this real-time solution plans to be embedded with existing SAP solutions and intends to connect to cloud and on-premise data.
SAP Cloud for Analytics would deliver planning, predictive and business intelligence (BI) capabilities in one analytics experience. The intent is for organizations to use this one solution to enable their employees to track performance, analyze trends, predict and collaborate to make informed decisions and improve business outcomes.
“The challenge with analytics solutions on the market today, cloud or otherwise, is the silo approach to delivering capabilities such as visualization and forecasting,” said Steve Lucas, president, Platform Solutions, SAP. “SAP Cloud for Analytics will be a new end-to-end cloud analytics experience, giving customers the ability to access all data so business users can easily discover, visualize, plan and predict. That to me is more than visualization of data, that¹s realization of success.”
SAP intends to deliver SAP Cloud for Analytics in a fully scalable, multi-tenant environment. Customer benefits would include:
- Unification of BI, planning, budgeting and predictive capabilities in a one-product experience, delivered as a pure cloud service thereby giving business users more agility and empowerment to get their jobs done
- Delivery of business outcomes with workflows that go from real-time insight to taking action, all within the application
- Access to all data gives business users the ability to easily sample, wrangle, combine and blend any data – big and small, on premise and in the cloud
- Served from a “trusted” and scalable platform that ensures enterprise readiness as well as a “flexible, intuitive” user interface (UI) designed for business users
- Ability for finance professionals and lines of business analysts to “quickly and easily” build connected planning models, analyze data and collaborate in context for greater alignment and better business performance
- Ability to spot market trends based on social media data analysis so that users can correlate those trends to know how much inventory is required to meet anticipated demand, all in one place
Embedded in SAP or third-party apps, SAP Cloud for Analytics would provide seamless workflows for insight to action at the point of decision within applications. While launching new SaaS analytics capabilities, SAP remains committed to innovations to the existing analytics solutions delivered on premise and/or in private cloud deployments with customers taking advantage of hybrid scenarios for on premise and cloud data.
“SAP and Google are collaborating to extend powerful analytic capabilities to customers,” said Prabhakar Raghavan, VP Engineering, Google Apps. “These innovations are planned to allow Google Apps for Work users to embed, refresh and edit SAP Cloud for Analytics content directly in Google Docs and Google Sheets.”
Existing SaaS solution SAP Cloud for Planning is part of SAP Cloud for Analytics. Capabilities available in the cloud edition of SAP Lumira will be folded into SAP Cloud for Analytics.