Seaborn Networks and Anova Financial Networks have announced the formation of a strategic alliance to provide the first “ultra-low latency” (ULL) fiber connection between the financial centers of São Paulo, Brazil and Chicago, USA.
Seaborn Networks is a developer-owner-operator of transoceanic submarine fiber optic cable system. Anova Financial Networks is a global carrier offering wireless and fiber connectivity. Anova’s proprietary technologies are utilized by banks, trading firms and exchanges worldwide.
Trading Exchanges of Chicago and São Paulo
Seaborn and Anova will offer multiple ULL-tiers for potential customers via Seaborn’s fully operational, direct ‘PoP to PoP’ 72Tbps submarine cable system (Seabras-1) between São Paulo, Brazil and NY/NJ USA, and Anova’s “ultra-low latency” microwave network connection between the Chicago Mercantile Exchange to all five sites in the New Jersey Equity Triangle, including BATS, NASDAQ, the New York Stock Exchange and Cboe Global Markets.
This partnership will enable ULL trading routes specifically for the financial vertical between the trading exchanges of Chicago and São Paulo. The two networks will interconnect in Carteret, New Jersey, enabling a single market leading latency connection for those interested in either bandwidth or market data.
Customers will have the ability to contract either through Seaborn or Anova to receive the full benefit of this combined São Paulo, Brazil to Chicago, USA “ultra-low latency” route.
“Our collaboration with Seaborn is a continuation of our mission to optimize the transport between the financial liquidity centers,” said Michael Persico, CEO and Founder of Anova Financial Networks. “In addition to providing traditional bandwidth, this new network further showcases Anova’s ability to globally deliver the fastest price and trade updates for the most vital instruments at the CME – something that is critical to market participants around the world and across a myriad of strategies.”
To sum up, this strategic alliance would offer a number of benefits to customers including:
- Consolidated capacity contracts and billing with industry-leading SLAs
- The newest network architecture with 100Gbps coherent technology on an end-to-end solution from New Jersey to São Paulo
- Proprietary market leading ultra-low latency solutions for financial institutions
- A direct relationship with the operators who built and operate the submarine cable and microwave routes for their respective systems, providing higher quality of service and improved information access
- A route to and from South America that avoids the hurricane-prone areas of Florida, the Caribbean and Bermuda, with 100% of the Brazilian terrestrial network buried and protected with latency-matched diverse terrestrial routes in Brazil, ensuring maximum performance, security and reliability
- Reduced delivery times of all on-net and off-net services allowing Seaborn to provide the industry’s fastest turn up of services for our customers
- Anova’s hardware-accelerated FPGA platform delivers normalized CME or B3 data with sub-microsecond overhead
- Seaborn’s Independently owned and operated 24×7 primary NOC and back-up NOC
“We are very pleased to be able to partner with Anova to offer this blazing fast Chicago-NY/NJ- São Paulo ULL path,” said Larry Schwartz, Chairman & CEO, Seaborn Networks. “This is a unique opportunity for the global financial industry to achieve the lowest latencies among the leading exchanges in North and South America.”