Stratoscale, a company delivering cloud computing building blocks to modernize and future-proof the enterprise on-prem environment, has announced the launch of Stratoscale Chorus – a suite of AWS-compatible cloud services for running and scaling cloud-native applications on-premises.
The Stratoscale Chorus solution enables application development teams to build cloud-native applications anywhere in the same manner, both on-prem and in the cloud.
“Until now teams had two choices to support cloud-native applications – use AWS, Azure or Google Cloud, or develop their own cloud services and infrastructure on-prem. Chorus presents a third and very compelling option,” said Ariel Maislos, CEO and founder of Stratoscale. “Cloud-Native applications are no longer limited to the public cloud, and teams can enjoy a single DevOps flow spanning AWS Cloud and their home environment.”
Stratoscale Chorus’ AWS-consistent hybrid approach, based on AWS Cloud-compatible services and APIs, would enable enterprises to consolidate their cloud strategies. Developers can move workloads from AWS Cloud to on-premises environments and burst between environments without any need for adjustments.
“Over the past couple years, cloud-native applications have not only become a priority for enterprises but a mainstream strategy for many,” said David Linthicum, Independent Cloud Analyst and Best Selling Author. “I believe Stratoscale Chorus is the right approach for expanding this strategy on-premises in a meaningful way for the first time. Having compatibility with AWS and an extensive suite of services enables enterprise IT to better support developers in their native ecosystem of choice, leading ultimately to quicker delivery of new business applications.”
The Stratoscale Chorus solution includes support for the following services:
- Kubernetes – Chorus Managed Kubernetes allows quick deployment of multiple private or shared k8s clusters for developers. Chorus Managed Kubernetes initially supports Kubernetes 1.8.1.
- Load Balancers – Chorus Managed Load Balancer enables scale-out applications by providing AWS ELB compatible APIs.
- Object Storage – Chorus Object Storage is an AWS S3 compatible service providing applications with persistent scalable object storage in a single click.
- File Servers – Chorus File Service provides simple provisioning of file servers to share data in a structured manner. Chorus File Service is compatible with AWS EFS APIs.
- Databases – Chorus Managed Databases provides an AWS RDS compatible instant creation of fully managed single instance and clustered databases. Chorus Managed Databases initially supports the following SQL and NoSQL engines:
MySQL 5.5, 5.6, 5.7
Apache Cassandra 3.0, 3.11
- Map Reduce – Chorus Map Reduce is a managed analytics framework compatible with AWS EMR. Chorus Map Reduce includes support for Apache Hadoop, Spark and HBase.
- Stratoscale Chorus is delivered as a software solution on top of an existing IaaS layer, to simplify operational aspects of service management:
- Provision – Service creation and configuration is fully orchestrated by Chorus.
- Protect – Service availability and uptime is managed automatically by Chorus, including support for data protection of stateful services.
- Monitor – Usage tracking, health monitoring, and event logging for all services are included in Chorus
- Upgrade – Upgrading and version-tracking of each service is simplified by Chorus
- Scale – Scaling services up or out with additional instances is seamless with Chorus
- Manage – Functionality is provided through self-service portals and APIs compatible with the corresponding AWS APIs
Stratoscale raised over $70 Million in funding from leading investors including Battery Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Cisco, Intel, Qualcomm Ventures, SanDisk and Leslie Ventures.