Datum Datacentres, a UK provider of colocation services with its London area data center located in Farnborough (FRN1), has announced the launch of Datum Cloud Connect – to provide direct connectivity from this Farnborough data center to major public clouds such as AWS Direct Connect and Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute.
With the launch of Datum Cloud Connect, Datum Datacentres’ colocation clients seeking cloud solutions can now derive additional benefit from secured, private connections to a hub of public clouds. Through Datum Cloud Connect, the additional resilience and flexible bandwidth would deliver predictable high performance for organizational cloud strategies.
“Datum Cloud Connect supports clients whose businesses demand additional levels of performance and reliability when connecting to public clouds,” said Dominic Phillips, Managing Director, Datum Datacentres. “The high throughput, low latency secure connections link into AWS EU West and Microsoft Azure North Europe regions offering significant performance improvements over public Internet connections. Enterprise clients can access automated, provisioning of cloud services from multiple providers whilst network and cloud service providers can both aggregate traffic and reduce time to market for new offerings.”
Key features of Datum Datacentres’ Farnborough (FRN1) facility:
- Strategic, London-edge, secured campus location
- Pressurized free cooling providing environmental efficiency
- SLA backed 100% power availability
- Enhanced, “government-grade” security
- Dynamic & flexible support for high-density deployments (up to 30kW per rack as standard)
- Carrier & cloud neutral
- Comprehensive accreditations including ISO 9001, ISO 27001:2013, ISO 50001, PCI DSS, DCA Class 3 Fully Operational, EU Code of Conduct for Data Centres