Veeam has announced the general availability of its newly launched Veeam Availability Suite v10. With more than 150 new features and enhancements – including modern NAS support, Multi-VM Instant Recovery and heightened ransomware protection – v10 includes data protection capabilities that help increase availability, portability, and extensibility for Cloud Data Management.
First introduced in 2008 as Veeam Backup & Replication, Veeam’s flagship Backup solution – Veeam Availability Suite – would now deliver modern file data protection for Networked Attached Storage (NAS), Multi-VM Instant Recovery – to automate disaster recovery (DR) while adding enhanced ransomware protection.
With greater platform extensibility, data mining through APIs, and more than 150 major enhancements, Veeam claims it has launched a robust solution for complete data management and protection for hybrid-cloud environments.
“Cloud-based data protection is a growing need for many of the organizations I speak with, both large and small, which are all in various stages of cloud adoption,” said Henry Baltazar, research vice president at 451 Research. “Solutions like Veeam’s latest v10 release provide organizations with the scalability needed for today and tomorrow’s workloads, with new Cloud Data Management capabilities which include faster, automated copies to object storage and the use of S3 Object Lock to ensure that data is protected against threats such as ransomware, insider threats and malicious admins.”
Veeam Availability Suite v10 is now available.
Cloud Data Management
“v10 is the biggest release in the history of Veeam, and the enhancements we’ve made take data protection to the next level, creating the simplest, most flexible, and most reliable solution for hybrid-cloud environments,” said Danny Allan, chief technology officer (CTO) and senior vice president of product strategy at Veeam. “As the market leader in Cloud Data Management, we have made it a priority to focus on innovative, best-in-class solutions and align our products with customers’ needs. NEW Veeam Availability Suite v10 stays true to these ideals, helping businesses of all sizes ensure that their data is always available, portable, and protected across any cloud or platform, so they can intelligently use that data to accelerate their business success now, as well as plan for future needs.”
To sum up, Veeam Availability Suite v10 would enable businesses to achieve the following:
- Modernize and simplify the protection of large file shares and file servers with powerful NAS backup.
- Keep business running with the next-generation Instant Recovery engine, and Multi-VM Instant Recovery for disaster recovery from massive datacenter outages.
- Simplify off-site backup and get “100% bulletproof protection” from ransomware and insider threats with enhanced S3 object storage integration and immutable backups.
- Reuse backup data to find new insights and put backups to work with greater platform extensibility and simplified third-party data analysis software integration with the NEW Veeam Data Integration API.
- Broader platform and ecosystem support including new, advanced capabilities for Linux, HPE Primera and HPE StoreOnce, Nutanix AHV, PostgreSQL, MySQL and more.
“Ransomware and other cyber-threats are a growing menace for the entire IT community,” said Sanjay Jagad, senior director of products and solutions at Cloudian. “We’re excited to partner with Veeam to provide on-premises backup storage that supports S3 Object Lock functionality required for backup immutability, a new feature of Veeam Availability Suite v10. This joint new solution enables fast restore from locked down backup copies on Cloudian object storage at up to 70% less cost than traditional enterprise storage and up to 40% less cost than tape offerings.”