Veeam Software, a pioneering provider of data center availability solutions, has announced two new solutions – Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure and Veeam Management Pack (MP) v8 for Microsoft System Center – to help customers more easily adopt Microsoft’s hybrid cloud as part of their IT strategy.
Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure joins the Veeam family of free tools gifted to the IT community in recent years which also includes Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE, Veeam Backup Free Edition, Veeam ONE Free Edition and Veeam Task Manager for Hyper-V. Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure would simplify and accelerate the use of a hybrid cloud for organizations both big and small.
This latest free tool, designed for IT administrators and IT developers utilizing Azure, would provide:
- Easy-to-use fast file copy – Provides simple file copy between on-premises and Azure-based virtual machines (VMs).
- Secured file copy – Transfers data over HTTPS, thus does not require a VPN tunnel between the on-premises deployment and Azure.
- Automatic scheduling of file copy jobs – Scheduled file copy jobs can be configured for periodic copies to and from Azure VMs, providing assurance and peace of mind to IT managers.
- No scripting needed – Job setup takes just a few clicks inside a wizard-driven user interface, and does not require any scripting knowledge.
Another new release, Veeam Management Pack v8 for Microsoft System Center, builds on the product’s advanced monitoring, alert management and reporting foundation with support for the latest on-premises hypervisor platforms, and new hybrid cloud planning tools.
Key new capabilities in Veeam MP v8 would include:
- Global infrastructure report – A new Infrastructure Summary report provides a single, high-level report view of the virtual infrastructure. By including achieved densities in areas such as storage over-provisioning, the report would make it easy to determine and communicate overall IT system status and efficiency to business managers.
- Enhanced hybrid cloud planning – For businesses looking to extend their operations to the hybrid cloud, Veeam MP v8 includes enhanced analytics of on-premises workloads and predicts the appropriate IaaS resources, needed to run those workloads in a public cloud, including new Azure D-series VMs.
- Cloud-based backup reporting: Veeam MP v8 extends reporting to Azure-based backups managed by Veeam Cloud Connect for Service Providers.
Both of these new products are now available in Beta. Veeam will also be offering “first looks” of Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure and Veeam Management Pack v8 for System Center at Microsoft Ignite, Booth No. 114 from May 4–8, 2015 in Chicago, Illinois.
Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 30,500 ProPartners and more than 145,500 customers worldwide. Veeam is headquartered in Baar, Switzerland and has offices throughout the world.