Learn how to fix the “421 Too many connections” error. This is caused by an FTP client opening more than 8 connections simultaneously from a single IP address. We cover viewing, and disconnecting idle connections in cPanel. Then, show you how to limit simultaneous connections in FileZilla. Below is an outline of the steps:
View/Close Idle connections in cPanel –
1. Login to cPanel.
2. Click the “FTP Session Control” button.
3. You will see all idle FTP connections listed. Click the red “X” to disconnect one.
4. Click the “Disconnect” button to confirm.
Limit Simultaneous Connections in FileZilla –
1. Open FileZilla.
2. Open the Site Manager.
3. Choose your site, then click the “Transfer Settings” tab.
4. Check the “Limit number of simultaneous connections” box.
5. Set the maximum number of connections to 8.
6. Click the “OK” button.
For more information, see our full guide – 421 Too many connections – http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/ftp/too-many-simultaneous-connections
InMotion Hosting was founded in 2001 and provides personal and business web hosting for everyone! For more information about InMotion Hosting and the services we provide see here:
Publisher: InMotion Hosting
You can watch this video also at the source.