When you 301, or 302 redirect a domain in cPanel, it adds a Rewrite rule to your .htaccess file automatically. In this video tutorial I walk you through creating a Redirect. Below is an outline of the steps:
1. Log into cPanel.
2. Click the “Redirects” button
3. Click the drop-down box for “Type” and choose if you want to create a Permanent (301), or Temporary (302) redirect.
4. Click the next drop-down box and choose the domain you want to redirect.
5. Enter the address you want to redirect to in the Redirects to section.
6. Choose if you want to “Only redirect with www.” “Redirect with or without www.” or “Do Not Redirect www.”
7. Check the box if you want to create a Wild Card Redirect.
8. Click the “Add” button.
Read more in our full guide – How to Setup a Domain Redirect in cPanel: http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/cpanel/cpanel-manage-domains/redirect-domain
InMotion Hosting was founded in 2001 and provides personal and business web hosting for everyone! For more information about InMotion Hosting and the services we provide see here:
Publisher: InMotion Hosting
You can watch this video also at the source.