In this video I will show you how to use your cPanel to manage third party services. In this example we’re assuming you want to point a domain (or a subdomain) to a different host and keep your email hosted with InMotion.
The method above will allow you to point a domain elsewhere without messing up your email routing.
– Log into your cPanel
– Go to Advanced Zone Editor
– Edit the A record for you domain to point to the third party host
– Edit the CNAME record for mail.example.com by turning it into an A record and assigning it to your InMotion IP address.
– Go back to the cPanel home page
– Under the “Email” section choose MX Entry
– Edit your default MX record for example.com, change it to mail.example.com.
For more information about this see our full guide:
InMotion Hosting was founded in 2001 and provides personal and business web hosting for everyone! For more information about InMotion Hosting and the services we provide see here:
Publisher: InMotion Hosting
You can watch this video also at the source.