Ziv Rafalovich joins Scott Hanselman to show how to use low-priority VM scale set for a significant cost saving with Azure. Low-priority VM scale set allows you to take advantage of unutilized capacity without any availability guarantees. By combining low-priority scale sets with autoscaling and mixing two scale sets behind a single SLB, Ziv shows how to get the most out of this new offer currently in preview.
For more information, see:
• Low-priority VMs on scale sets (docs) https://aka.ms/azfr/408/01
• Autoscale demo app on Ubuntu 16.04 with low priority VMSS https://aka.ms/azfr/408/02
• Pricing Virtual Machine Scale Sets Pricing https://aka.ms/azfr/408/03
• Low-priority VMs on scale set (public doc) https://aka.ms/azfr/408/04
• Hybrid Scale Set demo app on Ubuntu 16.04 (combining on-demand with low-priority) https://aka.ms/azfr/408/05
• Announcing low-priority VMs on scale sets now in public preview https://aka.ms/azfr/408/06
• Create a free account (Azure) https://aka.ms/azfr/408/07
Publisher: Microsoft Azure
You can watch this video also at the source.