VMware, the global vendor of virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions, has announced the general availability of new cloud management offerings including a significant update to VMware vRealize Suite 6, a cloud management platform built for the hybrid cloud.
New product releases now available include VMware vRealize Operations 6.0, VMware vRealize Business 6.0 Standard, VMware vRealize Business 8.2 Advanced and Enterprise, VMware vRealize Automation 6.2, and VMware vRealize Log Insight 2.5. VMware vRealize Code Stream 1.0, a new solution for supporting agile development and DevOps processes, is also now available.
The new VMware vRealize Code Stream would accelerate application releases. The solution automates the entire software release process, provides tracking of artifacts, and enforces governance across release stages. VMware vRealize Code Stream, which bundles JFrog Artifactory continuous integration repository, integrates with DevOps and developer solutions such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Git, Perforce, Subversion and many others.
Beyond VMware vRealize Code Stream, VMware has announced a comprehensive portfolio of cloud management solutions:
- VMware vRealize Suite 6 is a cloud management platform that is purpose-built to manage hybrid clouds, and enables IT to deliver applications and infrastructure at the speed of business but with the control IT requires.
- VMware vRealize Operations 6.0 (formerly VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite) features an open and extensible platform that provides comprehensive visibility across applications, network and storage devices in a single console.
- VMware vRealize Business 6.0 Standard (formerly VMware IT Business Management Suite Standard Edition) further empowers infrastructure and operations teams with new functionality essential for managing a hybrid cloud including pricing analysis, showback/chargeback and budgeting for infrastructure services out-of-the-box.
- VMware vRealize Automation 6.2 (formerly VMware vCloud Automation Center) introduces increased product integration and shared services with VMware vRealize Operations to help administrators to improve resource usage and facilitate capital savings.
- VMware vRealize Log Insight 2.5 (formerly VMware vCenter Log Insight) features enhanced integration with VMware vRealize Operations to help organizations to improve overall IT performance and avoid disruptions by combining and analyzing both structured and unstructured data for end-to-end operations management.